iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I hold you all personally responsible.

Started by asy, March 12, 2005, 04:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

Bro._ Noble,
Thanks for asking that question. I was gona, but just didn't have the nerve. ;)
:-X
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bro. Noble

You're welcome,  Bob the gutless wonder :D :D :D

Just ignore me when I get like this--------I'll go take my medication now :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

asy

Hmmm...

OK...

Well, since ya asked...  Here's the story...

My "real" name is Larysa.  Pronounced Lar-Is-a. Not Lar-eee-sa, or Lar-eye-sa... hehe

But, the first time I went into a chat room, on another forum I'm a member of, I wasn't sure what to expect, so by way of disguise, I wrote my name backward...  asyral. 

Then, one of the other chatters, who went on to become a very good friend of mine, couldn't type 'asyral' very fast, so she cut it in half...  and asy was born.

Now...  It's pronounced...    ah-see.  'a' as in 'cat'-  see. See?     (Emphasis on the 'a')

NOT Arsey (that would be a description... not a name)...

And not Ace-ey, unless I'm playin' poker... lol

That's why I'll always spell it with a little 'a', coz it's the end of my name...  ;D  Oh, and I (almost) always sign off "asy :D " coz I'm pretty much always smiling.

Nowadays, most of my friends come from the forums I frequent. The original one, my photography forum, oh, and here :)

Even Andrew calls me asy most of the time, I don't, however, call him L-Plate  ;).

Even my kids know who 'asy' is when people come over or ring up...

Oh, and, I kinda like it.

I always wanted a nickname when I was growing up, other kids had them, but the only ones I was ever labelled with were somewhat uncomplimentary, and usually visually motivated (and to do with either height or girth...)  :o  I like this one, and I'm keeping it.

So, Bro. Noble (and the gutless chickens) hehe, That's the story of, that's the glory of, me.

Sorry it's not more exciting. However, I did have a chuckle at the thought of so many of you scratching your heads and pronouncing it many ways to try to figure out which was right...   hehehe   

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Quartlow

Quote from: asy on March 12, 2005, 05:10:13 AM
I like dogs too. Let's exchange recipes.

asy :D

Did you know all cats share the same middle name?

Target
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Just kidding LOL
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

etat

QuoteAnd not Ace-ey, unless I'm playin' poker

:)8) 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!