iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where's Bunny??

Started by Coon, November 04, 2007, 05:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Was just wondering if Sprucebunny has been around lately.  I sent her a message days ago with no response.....  Anyone hear from her lately?
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Brad_S.

She must be a busy woman. She posted in the Forestry and Logging board a few days ago so we know at least she's alive and well! :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

SwampDonkey

Probably trying to make a living like everyone else.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

True enough Donk, True enough.  It is just very unusual for her not to check in.  I know life can get very hectic at times.  I was gone for quite some time myself  a short while ago but I'm back. :D :D

Furby

Last Active:  November 02, 2007, 05:49:08 AM

pappy

Firewood season in the northeast would be my bet ??? Winta's a comin' !!!
Plus didn't she get that refurnished Bombie going ??? She's gotta be cuttin' wood !!!

Just got ours (firewood) done late Saturday afternoon, wood splitter's put away and it started raining like h3ll then turned to snow in the middle of the night !!!

Still got 3" snow on the grown this a.m.

All 11 cords under cover,,, pheeeew made it again   ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

beenthere

pappy
Do you burn that fresh split wood this winter?   ::) ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sprucebunny

Sorry for not answering, Brad, and thanks for your concern  :-*

Still don't have the J5 going quite right ... now it needs the carb rebuilt and I'm intimidated : so many small parts  :o

Don't have enough firewood yet.

Started to build a 8x12 hut to get warm in during the winter and decided that the woodstove in it would have  the potential to heat something else ... like a travel trailer  ;D and since it didn't look like I'd ever have the money to build a camp ( never mind the taxes  :o ) , it was a good time to get a used travel trailer instead of just dreaming of a camp.

So, I've been up at the land working on the warming hut and trying to make the furnace in the trailer stop squeaking and dreaming of woodheat  ;D

I always feel so hurried in the fall. Winter is coming but you never know just when everything will get buried by snow.  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Need to start closer on the front end of fall, and not on the back slide.  ;D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

customsawyer

That is risky SwampDonkey, telling a woman what to do. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

SwampDonkey

Oh no, just a suggestion.  ;)

sawguy21

It will be interesting to see where this conversation goes. ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sprucebunny

Last winter I cut about a cord of 3-4" logs for firewood. Pin cherry doesn't have many BTUs, though.

About August, I made a deal with a tree service guy for 10,000 BF of wood to be delivered in exchange for a rusty old F350 dump truck. He has been a little slow. So far, I've gotten about 4MBF of nice pine , oak, hemlock and spruce that i sawed up ( some I've nailed up  ;D )

I've been expecting the straight truck full of firewood any day now. Sure will be alot easier than collecting it from my land and then trucking it here, myself !!! I really hope the guy comes thru; I don't want to plow around the F350 anymore  :D

Another small woodlot we have has some standing dead beech that I've been counting on for dry wood but I haven't got to it yet. Only just getting cool enough to wear all the gear and waddle  around in the pricker bushes  :D

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

pappy

Quote from: beenthere on November 05, 2007, 11:28:57 AM
pappy
Do you burn that fresh split wood this winter?   ::) ???

BT,
No we don't burn green wood,,,,

But this is the way our firewood detail has been going for the last 4 or 5 years or so,,,

In August we buy 6 cords (128 cu. ft.) at $145 of almost seasoned hard and soft maple with a little yellow birch mixed in... Jen (me misses) brings in 5 of it into the cellar (walk in basement) by wheel barrel and places the other one by the side of the woodshop.... Takes her time, about a month of picking at it.... We direct a window fan towards the pile in the cellar with a dehumidifier going for about a month or so till there ain't no more water in the dehumidy bucket....

Then in September we buy another cord of maple for the camp "Outback" .... BUT!!! in the mean time we've been sawing some at the band mill and picking out the bigger sized edgings, mostly pine / cedar and cut them up in the cross-buck to 16" lengths ... We've got a lean-too / storage shed off the side of the bunk house and a small porch on the cook shack where we can pile about four cords in all...

Then we poke around the farm and a friends property next door where we rummage around for downed / poor quality / standing dead poplar and this is the wood we need the wood splitter for... This fire wood is piled at the shop for late / early season burning in the shop which is usually dry enough come spring...

When the snow starts to fly that's it we're done messin' with wood outside... Stayed cold enough yesterday so the snow we got over the weekend stayed and it snowin' pretty Dang good right now...  Yahoo bring it on cause it's almost time to break out the sled ,,, snow-sled that is...  smiley_bouncing_pinky
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Coon

Sounds like you've been rather busy there Bunny.  I guess we all have been because of the time of year it is.  Everyone around here seems to be scurrying around to get things done before the snow flies.  I haven't got any firewood cut for myself yet but am hoping to get at it this week or next.  Been keeping busy getting vehicles ready for the winter.  I don't need a whole lot of firewood as we have this new pellet heater in the house. 

Grawulf

Well!   We found Bunny.  8) Anybody know about Buzz? Was wondering how his son was doing - checked his last active and it's been many moon. Puter broke? I miss his sage advice!

Furby

He was on during the crash of 07 in what is now the archives. :)

Thank You Sponsors!