iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Overnighters

Started by Wood Shed, December 18, 2019, 01:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood Shed

Decided early in Nov. to stop cutting firewood everyday,  that lasted till the other day.  With some colder temps coming and my starting to use mostly split wood since retiring I have really missed the bigger whole pieces,  just can not keep constant temperature range as well.  

This should get me to the end of 2019,  then will begin another chapter.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

samandothers

Amazing how the snow melted between loading in the field and getting back to your wood shed!  :D

Dakota

ROPS police are going to be after you. :)
Dave Rinker

Wood Shed

Dakota,

That ROPS is a real PITA, almost every time I have used it I forget to put it back down and bang up my garage door again.  Know I am doomed to have a tree fall on me if I take it clear off even if many CUT owners do get rid of them.  I have 14 other old john deeres that were built before that acronym was invented that I highly prefer.

How is the pheasant population there this year?  Have been to SD five times to hunt back in the day, a real pheasant hunters paradise.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

Wood Shed

samandothers,

Ya, I thought about that after I posted, just wanted to show the splits I have been burning the last three years.  The wood shed is filled with splits too.  Just today I had a 24 hr. burn with the larger chunks.  Those were an everyday occurrence back when working two jobs and 14hr. days.  

Piston

That is one fine looking wood shed you have there Sir.  I'd love to see some more photo's of your setup.  Did you build it yourself? 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Dakota

@Wood Shed ,
I grew up in eastern South Dakota, south of Sioux Falls, along the Missouri river, with the best pheasant hunting.  This was in the early 60's, 8 birds a day limit, and Britney dogs.  What fun!  Then the gov. stopped the soil bank program(paying farmers to plant brome grass instead of corn), farmers planted corn everywhere, burned their ditches and fence lines, and then everyone wondered what happened to the pheasants.  It took a long time to turn this around.

I bought land "west river" in the Black Hills and after the folks passed away, I've never been back.  I've heard that it has come back "some", but it'll never be the same again. >:(
Dave Rinker

dave_dj1

I really don't mind splitting the rounds up smaller, I'm 60 and don't really want to wrestle large stuff into the boiler.

Thank You Sponsors!