iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

IL Bull has retired!!

Started by IL Bull, December 26, 2007, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IL Bull

Well,  as of last Friday,  Dec. 21, 2007 I retired.  Now the fun begins and the internet will be less .  No longer do I get to look at the Forum while getting paid.  I always said that it was work related.  No one believed it then either.
My first order of business is to get caught up on the stuff I been putting off.  As I walk out to the sawmill I notice my Allis is sitting at an angle.  Flat tire on the left rear. >:(  I pull it around to where I can air it up.  I air it up and find a large hole.  I pump in 1/2 gallon of slime and air up.  Roll tire so the hole is on the bottom,  Slime is now on the ground.  DanG this retirement is fun.  Pull rim off tractor and try to bust the bead.  Too many years and too much calcium cloride.  Fire up backhoe and drop a stabilizer on rim and push on tire with the bucket.  Bead is now busted.  Roll tire over and repeat.  Rim is rusted and needs to be cleaned, welded and painted.  (It's the end of Dec. in Illinois) Shed has no heat. >:(
I came in the house and tried to find a tube.  None available untill after the 25th. 
Time for a beer.
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Sprucegum

:) That last line sez it all - at least you know what timme it is  :D  :D

Have a happy retirement  8)

Furby

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Now I know why it's called RETIREment! :D

Have a happy retirement  :)

IL Bull

Thanks all.  Tomorrow I am getting the new tube.  Hope it warms up so the paint will dry.  Maybe this spring. ;D

DanG

Wow!  I'm just tickled to death for ya, Il Bull!  I remember well that day, almost 4 years ago, when I said, "Yikes!  I gotta get outta here!  I'm trespassing!"  It's a great feeling to know that you don't have to punch anybody else's clock anymore. 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bitternut

Congratulations bull on your joining the retirement ranks. Ain't nothing like seven day week ends. ;D

Daren

Hey cool...now you can come down and tail for me  ;D. I have some 8/4 osage slabs I may need help with, since you ain't doin' nothing else. Happy retirement. I was just joshing about putting you to work, but you are welcome to visit and drink coffee like all the other fellers who come around  ;)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

thecfarm

That is good.Lucky you.You put in many years helping someone else make money.Now it's your turn to enjoy life however you please.Enjoy life the way it should be.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

Way ta go Bull  :)  :)  :)

Welcome to that very special club that a lot of us here enjoy soooo much   :D :D :D

Are ya takin' naps yet  ::) ??? ::) ???
Why not just 1 pain free day?

IL Bull

Thanks everyone for the congrats.
No naps yet Burl!
Got the new tube today and pressure washed the tire and rim.  Tomorrow I'll weld the valve stem hole on the rim and re drill for the valve stem.  Then I'll need to paint it and remount the tire.  My retired neighbor stopped by today and offered his advise on the tire.  Guess I need to buy two new tires and rims and have them mounted at the farm store. ::)
I'll try my way first.
Daren,  I need a good tailer.  Even have a log on the mill.
Cfarm,  I hope I made them a few bucks.
Bitternut,  My wife thinks that is now 7 days of honey dews.
WDH,  Thanks,  When is nap time?
DanG,  I was tresspassing also!  It's great to wake up and not have to go to work.
;D ;D ;D
I can't keep from smilling ;D

Ed_K

Way to go,enjoy  ;) . Dang,I'm only semi retart I mean retired and I know the nap routine. Its in between the the honey dews and all the other things you have 40 hrs to think up ;D .
Good luck with the new job  8) .
Ed K

SwampDonkey

Congrats Il_Bull. Everyone deserves a break in life whether it's the dream job or retirement.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IL Bull

Well the rim is welded and painted for the Allis.  I'll check it in the morning and mount the tire if the paint is dry. 

DanG

I wouldn't rush into anything.  Ya oughta let that paint dry for several days.  That'll give ya time to cogitate about how you're gonna saw that log ya got on the mill. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Handy Andy

Hope you have a good retirement Bull.  Now you can work as hard as you want.     
                                               JIm
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Ed_K

You got some time, go get the Gemplers catalog and check out how much you just saved  ;) .
Ed K

johnjbc

Congratulations on the retirement. I've been retired now for 7 months and it sure is great. I'm not even close to getting caught up with the projects I have in progress,  ::)but I think I might be gaining (1-% or 2% at most) :). I need to take some time to make posts on my progress.
Just make sure you take time out to smell the roses. And I recommend  right after the noon news as a good time to start your nap. :D
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

IL Bull

The roses are smellin' pretty good right now Johnjbc.
DanG,  I congicated and finally got the tire on (Even the right direction the first time).  That took some cogicating. :D  Suprised I got it all done in one week. :)
Log is still on the mill.  Still congicating on that one.  Got a fire in the stove and watchin' some football.  Go Bears!  At least they on two in a row once this year. ;D

Lud

Congrats Il Bull on your retirement.

Today is my first day of retirement too.  Don't know if a fella should do any work on his first day of retirement.....seems like there should be a rule.

So I'm watching the Rose Parade, visiting on the Forum,  watching the little snowstorm we got going and some boolie too!

AND I DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE 34.4 MILES TO THE PLANT TOMORROW!!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Gary_C

Congratulations to you old timers on your retirement. Hey wait a minute. I'm older than you are and I am not retired yet. Like it or not, I am on Medicare though, had no choice on that.

I would like to retire from fixing things. But Il Bull, I see where you are retired to start fixing. That does not sound like a good thing.

But other than that, I'm having too much fun to quit working. I am 65 and 6 months today and will start drawing my social security in four more months. If I start before that, they would take too much back cause I am still working.

Plus I just bought a 975 cord sale.   8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

pineywoods

congratulations Il Bull and Lud. I've been retired a bit longer than most FF members,(12 plus years) so I'll pass on a few observations, some learned the hard way.

When you get to the point where you don't know what the day of the week is, you are about retired.  When you don't care, you're fully retired.

Don't plan on getting caught up..no way.. If by some wierd circumstance you do get caught up and go sit in a rocker on the porch, the grim reaper will sneak up behind you.

You don't get holidays and weekends off any more.

Don't get bored.. Always have several projects going on so if you start to tire of one, you cab lay it aside and piddle on something else..  see # 2

Your need for more storage space and new toys tools is going to grow by leaps and bounds.

Don't tell anyone you are retired, just say you have changed jobs. When family, friends, neighbors find out you are retired, they think you have plenty of time to do things for them, and the list of things that need doing will multiply like rabbits.

Take time to smell the roses.  Spend some time with family and friends. Those golden retirement years are going to slip past faster than you ever dreamed...

Above all, enjoy that retirement, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

IL Bull

Piney,
Sounds like good words to live by.
I had to cogicate for a few minutes to figure out what day it was today.
I guess I must still care.
Lud,
Congrats on your retirment.
Let's hope 2008 is a good year.

Thank You Sponsors!