iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northern project 2019 Date set May 4th

Started by Bruno of NH, February 04, 2019, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowhill

Awesome! That's a head snapper! Gotta look at it more than once!! 
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

newoodguy78

I'm definitely interested in helping on that building for a couple days. Let me know what I can do to help.

Bruno of NH

I have plenty of logs might need some help milling the cut list.
I haven't been able to hire a helper yet for Spring.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

curved-wood

We will have to set up for the garage dimension first. After that the cutting list will come up. As a starting 2x4 if your logs have small knots, or 2x6 with a bit larger knots. I always choose the specific use of my boards according to the grain and the knots. Also we could use some live edge as in the following small wood shed frame

Bruno of NH

I would like to start a count for the Northern Project 
May 4th
Bruno,Sheila and Smiley
Oliver and Harriet 
Josh (6)
The curved-wood project
Bruno,Claude and I hope his wife☺,Oliver and Harriet,Josh (6)
I'm down in the dumps a good turn out would give me a kick in the butt.
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Claude 
I'm open to any size building that you think would workout for our time frame.
I'm so looking forward to this☺

Southside

Curved-wood - How long have you been at your trade?  By chance did you build a couple of older tobacco barns on our farm?  The roof lines and walls look a lot like that!!   :D  Of course for very different reasons....  You Sir do some beautiful work!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jim_Rogers

I'll be there but most likely only one day (7)

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

curved-wood

Quote from: Southside logger on March 10, 2019, 12:00:43 PM
Curved-wood - How long have you been at your trade?  By chance did you build a couple of older tobacco barns on our farm?  The roof lines and walls look a lot like that!!   :D  Of course for very different reasons....  You Sir do some beautiful work!!
No I've never built a tobacco barn.
As a teenager I've worked in construction for my summers jobs. My first own curved construction was my own house 40 years ago. You could see some pictures on claudedrolet.com  , click on  English version and click on constructions. You will see some other interesting curved constructions. 

curved-wood

Quote from: Bruno of NH on March 10, 2019, 11:49:12 AM
Claude
I'm open to any size building that you think would workout for our time frame.
I'm so looking forward to this☺
There is a lot of possibilities. I need a PM to give me precision.
Here is a small wood shed for wood stove done with a curved live-edge frame. Those live-edge are too narrow for my market. That shed is small so I go move it easily with the backhoe , fill my wood in closed to the pile and store it till winter. I would like to built a bit bigger at Bruno's and more a stick frame.

Sixacresand

Nancy and I plan to come, number 8 and 9. I don't think we will get there in time for the Curved wood project, but look forward to seeing the one built. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

And if you need a set of logging tongs you can build them too.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

curved-wood

Wow-wee! that could frame a very interesting shed !

beav

I can come for the 4th but can't commit the time or $ for the garage.
10(?)
I could do some more aerial-perspective pix and vids if everyone promises not to shoot my little Birdy out of the sky

Gagnon Mountain

I will be there on the 4th, hopefully the wife will come with me.  I am going to try like hell to make it for the 2nd and 3rd for the curved wood project.  If so I will be solo those two days.

51cub

I'm coming. If anybody needs anything from Logrite I can stop there again and bring it up to save the shipping
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

chep

I have a wedding to go to....

May the 4th be with you all!

petefrom bearswamp

Looks like it interferes with my annual ATV trip to my ADK camp with 5 or 6 pals.
Phooey!
I thoroughly enjoyed the gathering at Peter's last year.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

newoodguy78

Hopefully we can get more people interested in curved-woods idea and offer of building a small building. Anyone that hasn't seen his work should check it out I believe he has a website. It's quite an offer from an incredibly talented craftsman.
I will cover the costs of any fasteners that are needed.

curved-wood

Bruno and I have set the dimension of the garage Now I am working on the plans. The challenge is to do it in 3 days so I have to think about the construction details with that time frame. I expect the first day to be conventional stick wall framing for the one who wants to learn the basic. The 2 other days on the curved roof . 
 As for $$$, I could not accept any kind of money because I am a Canadian going in the US. Not even the room and board (I will have my camping gear and food ). I am very confortable with that and I will respect the law. My pay will be to share my passion, help other to built differently,  and I think that is legal ! So if people want to give money for the workshop, it will go for the building materials. It will be a workshop, so it will have a lot of content on how to, with more practice than theory.
Later, I will supply in this post more info so people will see what it is all about

rastis

I'd be interested in attending. What is the location?

Bruno of NH

Quote from: rastis on March 17, 2019, 10:08:23 AM
I'd be interested in attending. What is the location?
4276 main st Springfield nh 
I have room for camping

Bruno of NH

To all the Southern folks
Spring time in New England is beautiful  :)

Bruno of NH

If I could afford it I would fly in MM and Jeff and I would even try grits   :D

thecfarm

I tried them things once.  I have a lifetime supply in my cub board.  :D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!