iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

And another snow storm!

Started by weimedog, February 04, 2015, 10:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Chuck White

Just about the same up here.

Seems that I just get it cleaned out, then it starts snowing again, just part of living in the North Country!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

but im south of you chuck and doing the same thing  ??? :D :D

breederman

And I am in between  you two and doing the same thing !  ;D
Together we got this !

Chuck White

Quote from: coxy on February 05, 2015, 07:24:46 AM
but im south of you chuck and doing the same thing  ??? :D :D

Well, you know how the people in NYC are, anything North of White Plains is "Upstate" or "North Country".   :D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

true vary true  up north  to them is Westchester county  :D :D :D  wish the road ended  there  :) :)

bigred1951

well send some down this way im getting tired of nothing but rain and just cold with no snow  :-\ i hate the cold but love the snow i would be tickled if it stayed around 70 deg out with about a foot of snow  8)

WH_Conley

Come on over to my place after a foot of snow Red, see how you like it then. The driveway is on the shady side of the hill, it doesn't melt, just turns to ice.

I feel for you guys up North, I just don't want to help you out by taking any.
Bill

coxy

well   some nice bunch of southern friends we have on here :D :D :D 8) 8)

WH_Conley

Bill

Chuck White

Quote from: bigred1951 on February 05, 2015, 08:00:34 PM
well send some down this way im getting tired of nothing but rain and just cold with no snow  :-\ i hate the cold but love the snow i would be tickled if it stayed around 70 deg out with about a foot of snow  8) 

Maybe we could go to the Post Office and get one of the largest "Flat Rate" boxes, fill it with snow and send it to you!   ;D

DonT

Hey Chuck I am about 65miles straight North of you.If you are running out of snow we could maybe spare a bit.I am sure snow is duty free.

Chuck White

Quote from: DonT on February 07, 2015, 05:33:19 PM
Hey Chuck I am about 65miles straight North of you.If you are running out of snow we could maybe spare a bit. I am sure snow is duty free.

I'm sure it is Don, and I appreciate the offer, but I have plenty.

I'm running out of room to put the snow removed from my driveway.

I have a ZM Industries "snow pusher" scheduled to be here tomorrow forenoon, that should help with the snow because then I can just keep pushing the snow up and over the snowbanks!
http://www.zmisnowpushers.com/snow-pushers/john-deere-snow-pushers/

I wanted to get a blower for the tractor, but they (JD) wanted to much $$$$.

coxy

Quote from: Chuck White on February 07, 2015, 09:21:40 AM
Quote from: bigred1951 on February 05, 2015, 08:00:34 PM

Maybe we could go to the Post Office and get one of the largest "Flat Rate" boxes, fill it with snow and send it to you!   ;D
just make shur it don't get lost and dropped off here  ;D

weimedog

Sounds like a bunch of New Yorkers on this site! Thought I was one of just a rare few trying to live this life style in this state...  ::)

This was a week ago & I posted with the Frito Fire posting last week in this forum... but the road is relevant to this ...... check out the first few minutes & then cut.... WHAT do you think my farm road looks like now??? :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQProJ0hE4
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

DonT

That's a nice looking snow pusher Chuck  did you get the bag drag option?  I am interested in how it works currently I just use the bucket on my Massey 30B. Another 10cm to move today and more on the way if you can believe the weatherman.

Chuck White

Go figure, no new snow to push.

The 960 is the one that I got, it's 6' wide, weighs about 285#.

Don, I didn't get the drag-back, I just didn't feel like spending the extra $$$ right now!

The UPS tractor trailer arrived this morning about 8:30 and I was clearing out snow on the back side of the garage before 9:00.

Really works great, I think "if I wanted to", I could get my sawmill out of the garage now.  I think it'll stay there till about April.

thecfarm

Hang on Chuck,I betcha more is a coming!!! That pusher looks good. Just like those in a big store parking lot.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Quote from: thecfarm on February 10, 2015, 06:29:33 AM
Hang on Chuck,I betcha more is a coming!!! That pusher looks good. Just like those in a big store parking lot.

Yup, same thing only smaller, Ray.

We're projected to get snow on 5 of the next 7 days!

coxy

I hope you keep that crap up there  :)

DonT

Hey Chuck, its your lucky day.Snow tonight to try out your new snow pusher.

Chuck White

Thank You Sponsors!