iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440a

Started by stoneeaglefarm, March 04, 2017, 08:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneeaglefarm

Good day out there loggers, After being out of the woods for a good spell(Lyme) I am up and running and looking for a machine, Have logged for 30 years and am just looking to move a few loads a week from here on out, Have owned timberjacks, clarks and several 440c, c-5s, I have a lot of small lots, Really like the 440a model, Thouhgts on getting parts, Specially tranny I hear are tough, Forum has always been a good place to get good info,Thanks, Peter.

coxy

lyme is a pain in the     hope your doing ok     I have had it 3 times where my levels where off the chart I think is getting to me now looks like I'm growing a second elbow and they both hurt bad but I'm not giving up yet

stoneeaglefarm

don,t give up with the lyme, Just hard to except that it slows us down even after ya get feeling better, Once ya got it ya got it, But, Its ironic, We still can't wait to get back in the woods, Looking at a 440a middle of Ny next week, Stay strong

jdeere540a

Glad to hear your doing better I know some people with lime it's no fun. I see your in Antrim nh pb&h equipment in Antrim is were I get most of the parts for my 540a they are good people and can get anything.

tacks Y

Peter, The tranny for the A is the same as the 440. I have some tranny parts but used some in my C and sold a couple gears and shaft from it. I think the 440 and A is a stronger tranny than the C, but just my thoughts.

stoneeaglefarm

Thanks gents, I know the boys at PB&H well, They say tranny parts are a issue and Thats why Im looking for a decent machine, Love those little machine, Also like the 208s, Just not a detroit fan. But would look at one if any one comes across one, Trying to stay lower to the ground, Or I would get another 540 or 440c, I really enjoyed running those for years.

thenorthman

parts for the 440a are available, deere dealers can still get em, at least the common problem parts, many of the parts including the tranny crossover to various tractors.

Barring the dealer there is a healthy used market for all deere stuff.
well that didn't work

David-L

I had a 440B with 18.4x26 that was pretty good. Better than the 16.9x30 IMO. Give me a ring some time.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thank You Sponsors!