iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hey,its free

Started by Dave H., December 10, 2014, 08:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

been collecting some logs from a friends house.mostly pine and a couple oaks. hes building a pond so these where all in a pile.ive been slowly digging them out and cutting them down(8'6").going to use them for some prodjects around the house:pump house and a pole barn extention off the garage.im also getting some firewood out of the pile to,since it will ultimately be burned.

the last 2 pictures are of one of the oaks I cut 2 mantels out of.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

ozarkgem

now that is a luxury model skidder.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Ocklawahaboy

Looks about like the free logs I get.  Plenty of usable stuff in them.  Have fun with it.

blade69001

love my free logs, going to look at a pile of them tomorrow to see if I want to go get them.
Sean P.
Just being me, But it is ok you do not have to like me.

YellowHammer

Nice looking sawmill and logs.  Free is good, and the more the better. 
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

backwoods sawyer

Only down side to those free logs is you will need a bigger lumber yard before to long ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

FarmingSawyer

Stopped off in town and picked up a swack of free pine 2 8', 2 12ft & a 4ft on my way to collect a bunch of my free cedar today. The 4ft butt was clear and I got some nice 1x10's...... I missed my connection and didn't get the free maple, spruce and applewood. That'll have to wait until next week when I go after more free cedar.  Already running out of room for a log yard. May have to stage the big cedars down the road..... Lumber storage is getting tight now too. But who can be "free"?
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

backwoods sawyer

If you have a long driveway you have a long log yard ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

dboyt

Then you'll need a place to put the tractor, pickup truck,  log arch, trailer, winches, chain saws...  Once you've got sawdust in your pockets, there's no turning back.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Ocklawahaboy

I'm headed tomorrow for what is supposed to be all the free cypress logs I can load and haul.  Wish me luck.

Thank You Sponsors!