iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fresh Fish in NH

Started by retiredtrooper, February 03, 2016, 07:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredtrooper

:snowball:
I'm really a nice guy, but my experience is somewhat limited. I grew up in small mill town NH country side. We had a small farm, more for us than anyone else and, we heated with wood. It was acres and acres of woods and we cut a lot. No splitters, except the axes, mauls, wedges and sledges. My dad had a 64 GMC pickup, he named it the Green Sprout, and I still don't know why exactly. Well, those woods are gone, the house is gone, the old Green Sprout is gone and, sadly enough, Dad is gone. But the memories will live in my heart and mind until I, am gone. So now my wife and I are returning to our heritage and roots....we have picked up a nice little log home on 13 acres...mostly wooded but a small few acres were harvested by the previous owner to pay her taxes with the trees she had. Still a lot there and, a nice river running not far from the back of the house. Elevated enough that even Noah might well feel secure up thay! Well, that's my story and, as my name suggest, I am a retired trooper, and retired thank goodness! My conscious would not let me arrest free men for some of the crap these politicians are making 'laws' of today! But, my wife and I want to build our self sustaining, nearly off grid for now, homestead and I hope to learn how to be a good steward of the resources our good Lord gave us, chiefly from this forum, trees! But I am looking forward also to learning about good stoves, how to make some furniture, such as a bed, from the timber I have, how to process wood for more than just heating and cooking and, maybe even I'll learn a thing or two about that as well.....cooking on a wood fired stove!! I look forward to reading and learning and will contribute what little I have, to what little you might like it! Thanks for lettin me in....I'll stick around....at least till the crap hits the fan or, Jesus raptures me home...which ever he sees fit to bring along first, I'll be ready either way...and I hope you will be too!

elk42

Very nice words Trooper and welcome aboard.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

sprucebunny

Welcome to this forum and enjoy the adventure  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Magicman

Nice read and Welcome to the Forestry Forum, retiredtrooper.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!