iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cummins V378C V-6 Diesel Coolant Filter Clark Skidder HELP PLEASE

Started by Natureswaytreef, September 07, 2019, 11:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natureswaytreef

Guy I need help, I'm restoring this 1973 Clark Skidder 666C and back in the day my Uncle removed the hoses to the coolant filter, Can anybody help me. I know as seen in the pic one hose comes into the filter from the valve at the water pump housing, Where does the other hose go that comes out of the filter, PLEASE HELP IM STUMPED.

barbender

I can't help, other than to say that if that engine is related to the 855 (I think that's the model, big V8) you want that filter operable and use a coolant conditioner. They were notorious for pitting liners. Sounds like a cool machine, btw!
Too many irons in the fire

Natureswaytreef

Thanks for the reply, I need to get this hooked up, If you know of anybody that could help that would be great. I called Cummins and they couldn't find any diagrams showing how it is to go. 
Thanks again.

Natureswaytreef

Here's

a pic I found from a listing, See the hose coming out of the valve on the left then up to the filter, its the same as mine, I just need to know where the hose on the right plumbs in to.
Thanks

snowstorm

Natureswaytreef

Thanks for the reply, Ill see if I can find a inlet on the overflow can, I see on the pic that it shows 2 on the side of the large overflow can, I don't think mine has 2 but only 1.
Thanks again.

Natureswaytreef

snowstorm

dont run the coolant filter to the over flow bottle. any where else would work

Natureswaytreef

I talked to Cummins they said to run it to the tank on top, Just splice into the feed that goes to that tank from the water pump., Here is the pic that Cummins support sent me. They circled in red.

Thank You Sponsors!