iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS462 CM in Canada!

Started by HolmenTree, November 04, 2018, 08:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

medved

Quote from: lxskllr on March 11, 2019, 05:30:51 PM
Maybe take a short vacation. Find a place that sells the 462, and has something you want to see, then bring the saw back with you.
Love it! A little scared of having a service center that can't do much with the new saw though :)

medved

Patience is a virtue, I guess they were waiting for dealers to get in for training sessions. Came in stock today, ordered one to pick up Friday! Having lived in the 30cc and 50cc world, I'm looking forward to giving this saw a try.

WWright

How often do you guys with 462s running them through the auto tune process ? I actually ran mine a couple days before I read the book a learned I was not doing it right.Once I did it by the book it made a big difference. I'm real happy with this saw  

Will

tacks Y

So I have to read the book?

pgk1

Quote from: WWright on March 22, 2019, 06:22:31 AM
How often do you guys with 462s running them through the auto tune process ? I actually ran mine a couple days before I read the book a learned I was not doing it right.Once I did it by the book it made a big difference. I'm real happy with this saw  

Will
Will,
I just picked up a 462 last week, what difference did it make? More power, smoother running, higher rpms??
Pete
PM605, MS462CM, MS211

WWright

I usually just look at the pictures  :P Once I tuned it I gained rpms and power. It only takes a couple minutes to do. It seems like I do it once a day thats why I was asking what other guys were doing.The weather changes every day here this time of year, warm,cold,rain. Just wondering how finicky they are  

Will

leeroyjd

Hi @WWright !
What were you running before the 462 ?

WWright

Hi @leeroyjd Ive been running a 460 since they came out with them. I was impressed with that 440 or 044 you had when you cut logs here. I have loved the 460 been pretty much problem free. What are you running these days?

leeroyjd

Been running a 461 @WWright . I assume you are pleased with the 462.
Do you notice the weight difference? The numbers sure look good.

WWright

yea Lee the thing I like the best is the weight difference and quick rpm response,handles real nice quick and smooth.They did a good job with filtering I cant believe how clean the air filter stays.

ehp

they are a good saw , nice and light but they do take lots of tanks of fuel to get broken in totally . I finished ,y ported 462 but will have to wait till it dries up to run it . Ya it seems pretty good but I want to run it a bunch and seat the rings again

pgk1

I haven't used this 462 enough yet to know if necessary but have always had good luck with Outer Wear pre filters. Fits like a glove, if interested here is the link and part number. TEMP* | 20-2120 | 9081

Pete
PM605, MS462CM, MS211

Thank You Sponsors!