iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coyote watching for a rabbit

Started by beenthere, April 16, 2015, 10:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

This evening, noticed a coyote in the yard less than 20 yards from the house. Watching some wood piles around a couple sheds from a high point, and I think waiting for a rabbit to hop by for some dinner.

Was there for about an hour before it was too dark to see it any more. Made a video during one of its short trips around before laying down again.

https://youtu.be/p286tUVWgRo
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

sure doesn't seem to be worried or alarmed about being that close to your place
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Dakota

Looks in good shape, probably from eating rabbits.
Dave Rinker

drobertson

Yea, that's pretty cool, they do get use, if that's possible, to domestic settings, we have one cruising around from time to time, I reckon looking for a hen, I believe it to be a female, and does not seem to worried about Missy, it will run off when missy gives chase but not like you would think, more like, "I know where I'm not wanted" kinda attitude,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WV Sawmiller

Real pretty animal.

Are you sure he isn't looking for a cat? They have a bad rep for catching cats and small dogs in urban and suburban areas and around farms and such. I've got a 13 lb rat terrier who is my fishing and knock around buddy. He had an eagle try to get him in the yard last summer and I'd sure be nervous if I saw coyotes around him. I'm afraid I'd send Wily packing.

I don't mind most animals here and enjoy them including bears which I protect on my place. I occasionally see a fox or bobcat or such while deer or turkey hunting (I am not a very good turkey caller and think I must sound like a dying bird to attract some of these animals). I've had foxes 6' from me before I'd wave my arms and scare them off. They can run lots faster than you'd think when I do that.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

beenthere

This coyote would be waiting for a long time for a cat around here.  ;D
Rarely see a cat, but see quite a few rabbits.

I also thought maybe trying to ambush the turkey's returning to their roosting trees. Seems they make the trek back and forth morning and night. But watched it lay there until couldn't see it anymore, and no action. Its a first in the 50 years we've been here, not to see them but to see one staying in one area in the yard and close to the house.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

That old "yote" has many tricks up his sleeve to fill it's belly.  I imagine that we would be amazed if we know what went on at night.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

I would have helped him lay on his belly forever       to close for me I have animals, pets and kids  it is in good looking health looks may 30-40lbs    nice video thanks for sharing beenthere

WH_Conley

I have free range chickens. Yote wouldn't last long around here.
Bill

Chuck White

Let's just say I have no use for a coyote!   S.S.S.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JIM GORMLEY

Quote from: Chuck White on April 18, 2015, 05:44:21 PM
Let's just say I have no use for a coyote!   S.S.S.
The only good coyote

Is a DEAD COYOTE
I live with fear and danger. On the weekends,I leave her and go wild boar hunting.

SwampDonkey

They trapped coyote around my lot last winter. Wasn't long before a bunch more moved in where these were taken out.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

gimpy

Yotes are the only animal I'm interested in hunting on my property. At least the ones that get closer than about 50 yards from my structures and yard. I'm waiting for June to get here as I have a present coming for my yotes. A suppressor. Don't want to bother the other wildlife we love to watch.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

clww

I have one up at the cabin that does his business and leaves me a present on the front porch when I'm not there. Have never seen him, just his tracks. I need to set up a couple game cameras to catch him in the act.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!