iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forced air ,kind of

Started by Al_Smith, January 14, 2018, 06:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

I had a lapse of memory last night when I banked the fire in the wood stove.Left the damper wide open .Well of course this morning it was down to just  a few coals .Aha 1000 degree heat gun ,good one .Within about 3 minutes I could have melted a horse shoe .You put the air to dry white oak it gets pretty hot pretty quick . ;D

SwampDonkey

It does with rock maple and beech to. When I used to boil water for steam for bending wood, rock maple and beech was the best to get enough steam from my boiler barrel. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

John Mc

Quote from: Al_Smith on January 14, 2018, 06:33:23 AM
Beech makes a good fire .

One of my favorite firewood species. Oak is nice, but it takes forever to dry. If I need to, I can cut, split and stack Beech in late spring and still have it down around 15% MC by the time heating season rolls around (and Vermont isn't exactly known for having a long, prime wood-drying season).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

submarinesailor

The wife did that one time.  Yes the pipe was clean, but I had to repaint the outside of it because she burnt the paint off it.  Good thing I brought the thicker walled pipe.  The thin stuff most likely would have failed.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!