iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Out-of-doors Holiday Decorations

Started by Tom, November 13, 2005, 02:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I wouldn't do it if it were just me.  My wife is a real Holiday "nut".  She decorates the yard and driveway for the Holidays even though we never get any visitors.  It's special because I enjoy it and would never make fun of her for doing it.  She does the inside of the house too.

We will celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and any other excuse that comes up for her to decorate.

Here is the front stoop full of hay, scarecrow, Hibiscus and other flowers.

Some more at the side of the house

Jeff

I probably would have been putting christmas lights up today if it had not been for the winds storm we are having.  We just got juice back on but I dont expect it to stay. (gusts as high as 65) I wanted to get the lights up early (dont have to turn them on) so I had decent weather to work in. Looks like I might as well wait now since we will have snow by tuesday they say.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Been getting that wind too, as of late last night. Woke up this morning to a yard full of shingles. Lived here 37 years, and the first time shingles have blown off the house (re-roofed just 4 years ago this month). Whole shingles blew off. Not what I wanted to be doing tomorrow on a 7:12 pitch roof in 40° temp, but not a lot of choice as that rain/snow is expected here Mon. night.  Ferocious wind, but not as bad as Iowa's tornadoes.
Good idea with the lights, when it is still above freezing compared to what it will be like.  :)

Do you have the hot line buried to the new building?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

QuoteDo you have the hot line buried to the new building?

Yepper.  going to do some wiring tommorow maybe to put a temp overhead light and switch in, and a couple recepticals so I can sparpen blades out there.

Bro. Noble

Well,  Tom  that sure put me in the decorating mood.

I decorated our yoad just like yours-----well almost.

Hay is short this year,  so I didn't want to put any out in the yard,  and we didn't have any punkins or scarecrows.

I did sprinkle a bunch of leaves around the yard ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

My mom is always heavily into decorating for the holidays. I don't bother because I'm alone and also I'm not big into the commercialization of holidays. However, I do appreciate the work some folks put into their decorating for the holidays.

Looking good Mrs. Cadenhead.  :) ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Bro Noble decorates his posts for the seasons.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!