iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No firewood to too much firewood

Started by rbhunter, November 08, 2015, 08:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbhunter

Since moving to Missouri I have not had a place to cut firewood for several years. That all changed a couple of years ago. This year I have more firewood to cut than I know what to do with. My son suggested selling some but I have a little ford ranger so that is not really an option.
I have three trees at my friends house where I hunt to cut and his neighbor is dropping some trees in her pasture for me to cut up and take. A friend at church has a tree in his yard he wants me to get as well as several in the pasture I can have.
The problem one is another friend at church has a huge black oak he wants me to take. The top is out of it and I cut up on big limb that fell out of it and hauled it home on my ranger and his trailer. He wanted to cut it but I was afraid to take it down and luckily son borrowed his saw and dulled it so we could not take it down that day. A line crew working on his property said they would drop it for him. He told me it took them a while to get it down with a 24inch bar. They finally got it down and it is about 50" across the butt and solid. I am glad his saw would not cut anything that day.
He told me his son would cut it up for me. I am not sure how as he only has a twenty inch bar. He also has another oak and some other trees down for me to cut up that are big.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

SLawyer Dave

Not sure what Ranger you have, but I have hauled a lot of wood with my Ford Ranger 4x4 with the V6 engine.  Just get a decent trailer and you can easily deliver a cord at a time.

rbhunter

I have pulled a trailer before. But I have 170000 miles and replaced one transmission. I also am limited on space to store wood.

These people are all good people that I really like or I would turn down some of it. The big oak is also straight up and about 30 foot tall or better. I hate to see it going for firewood.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Thank You Sponsors!