iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

653E john Deere buncher

Started by cutter88, January 10, 2016, 06:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

I'm looking at a 653e john Deere with an 18" kohering head can anybody tell me any goods or bass about them
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

deastman

I bought a new 653E in 1995 with the RotoSaw high speed head and loved it. Mine could have used a few more counterweight plates on the back like the later models but other than that I didn't have any major issues. A lot of guys around here had them with the Koehring head too,  never heard anything bad about them either. I always thought Koehring made high quality heads.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

Firewood dealer

You want to look the hydro system over real good. The 653's were famous for their hydro pumps failing and contaminating the whole system. I would find out if there has been anything done to the pumps. Other than that, they are a nice machine. Easy to move, compact, which enables you to do a better job if you are doing a selective cut and not bad on fuel, considering how much it can lay down in a day. I just sold the E that I had, this summer. The guy I sold it to called me up and had to tell me how much he liked it. It is not as plush and quiet as the newer bunchers, but they are cheep and relatively simple.

Thank You Sponsors!