iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Websites with Log cabin designs ?

Started by Viking, November 26, 2003, 10:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I've searched google and havent found anything good, do  yous have any good links for websites that have good designs on them ?

UNCLEBUCK

Hello VIKING !  Try going to  www.askjeeves.com  or try www.ask.com  and type in   building a log cabin , I just did it and found a whole bunch and lots of different methods .  Here is a few I found  www.sierraloghomes.com   ,  www.moosemountain.com   , battlecreekloghomes.com  , www.heritagelog.com    not sure if its kit cabins or what but might lead you to what your interested in ok !  :P
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jim_Rogers

I'm not sure what you'll find out there for free log home designs. At the recent log home, and timber frame home show that I attended, most of the companies who had floor plan designs were selling there design kits. I got one for $5, and another for $10. One company had a book of designs for $20. (these were all timber frame companies).
It costs these companies a lot of money to come up with these designs and they just don't give them away.
The book for sales section in the show had lots of tables of books and more than one table had design kits being sold there by the companies showing there stuff on the trade show floor.
Good luck with your search.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Greg@lhoti.com

Try http://www.moreplans.com and http://www.logrhythms.com.  I don't know if its allowed here (self promotion) but it was asked for and it is what we do...design log homes and cabins.  Good luck!
Greg Steckler

SwampDonkey

These folks aren't affiliated with me in any way, but I know them. I did here a roomer that the Kintore office went belly up recently, apprently it was advertised in the paper. Too bad to.

http://www.tobiqueloghomes.com/

click on Tobique Projects for some designs
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

raycon

Are there any companies out there selling building prints of classical type barns? Like a queen post 28' x 32' with a 4' knee wall 2nd floor?

I look on occassion then get side tracked...anyone buy such plans and then proceed to build the barn from them?

Lot of stuff..

beetle

Ray,

I searched for a year and had no luck in finding anyone that had plans for the good old timber frame barns. Finally I found one...www.timberstead.com, a sister company of Goshen timber frames. However, they had nothing that interested me.

If you find someone let me know.

Jeff
 ???
Too many hobbies...not enough time.

SwampDonkey

Most those old barns have been torn down, fell down or have a hard lean to'er in these parts.

;) ;D  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!