iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rolling Kitchen Island

Started by lowpolyjoe, March 20, 2016, 07:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpolyjoe

Maybe 70% handtools for this project.  Did my resawing and a few other things on the tablesaw.  This was another project using the butcherblock I found in the trash a while back.  Definitely getting my money's worth from that find  8)

Designed to save space by fitting around/on top of the dog bowl holder I made from the same wood.  Also tried to keep the design similar.

Thor can fit his big square head under it as planned  :)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jueston

i really like the design, the long skinny legs and the thick top really work well together.

thanks for sharing.

21incher

Great design that allows you to use what normally would be wasted space. That butcher block was a great find. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Sparty

Very nice design. Turned out great!

lowpolyjoe

Thanks guys :)

Some construction pics

WDH

The new bench got a real workout.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

lowpolyjoe

Yeah - definitely couldn't have done this project without the bench.   I'm undecided if I like the leg vise or not - I think I might like the standard vise better.   The holdfasts are an incredible tool and I'm surprised they're not more popular, even for working with hand held power tools.

But I was upset to discover that my sliding router sled must have sagged in the middle when I flattened the top because the benchtop is not flat :(.  The middle is lower than the two edges.  I'll have to make some more passes with a new sled when I have time - it's a bummer when your reference surface is not flat.

yukon cornelius

That is nice! It is hard to believe what some will throw away.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Czech_Made

Quote from: lowpolyjoe on March 20, 2016, 07:39:57 PM

Maybe 70% handtools for this project.  Did my resawing and a few other things on the tablesaw.  This was another project using the butcherblock I found in the trash a while back.  Definitely getting my money's worth from that find  8)

Designed to save space by fitting around/on top of the dog bowl holder I made from the same wood.  Also tried to keep the design similar.

Thor can fit his big square head under it as planned  :)

Love the bevel on the top!

Den Socling

I agree. That bevel caught my eye immediately.

lowpolyjoe

Thanks guys.   :)

If I did it again, I might go a little smaller with the bevel.  I  was trying to match the bevel on the dog bowl holder but I calculated/measured wrong.  I do like the look, but I lose more than an inch of useable space along each edge, which is a bit much.

Thank You Sponsors!