iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Greatest Generation

Started by pineywoods, April 23, 2008, 10:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

QuoteI am one person that doesn't restrict that "greatness" label to just the military
I totally agree. There are great people that do great things in all walks of life.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

Also, proud to be an American, to which this video with Baxter Black speaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poVPVcSuSyI&feature=player_embedded
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CLL

I think every generation has heroes and even though most have lost their lives in some sort of conflict, I respect all that have strived to make our country better. I must say though that I have still not forgot the treatment most Vietnam vets recieved and probably never will.
Too much work-not enough pay.

chain

The so- called 'Greatest Generation' was because of the Nation-wide war effort by nearly all Americans. Other wars, as like Korean Conflict, and 'Nam were divisional among Americans to say the least. Today, noone is drafted, noone has to serve their country/ what, less than 10% of Americans care enough to protect us?

pineywoods

I've helped lay 3 more of these veterans to rest in the last month. One of them was part of the paratroop unit that jumped behind enemy lines on D-day. I know of only 2 from this community still living.
The families of all 3 received an oiled walnut display case for the casket flag donated by  some forestry forum members.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Norm

May they rest in peace.

If your stash gets low Piney just let me know. I've got plenty.

jim king

I have nothing but respect for that generation.  I have had the privledge to know a few. In addition to the war the built a country.  I still have an aunt alive that served as a nurse in Europe.  What stikes me is they never talk about thier history and never complain about it.

Raider Bill

Quote from: pineywoods on October 02, 2010, 09:58:21 PM
I've helped lay 3 more of these veterans to rest in the last month. One of them was part of the paratroop unit that jumped behind enemy lines on D-day. I know of only 2 from this community still living.
The families of all 3 received an oiled walnut display case for the casket flag from some forestry forum members.

I'd sure like to have one for my Dad's flag if theres one available to buy?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

Bill it would be an honor to make one for your Dad. Let me finish up with harvest in a couple of weeks and I'll get it made.

Raider Bill

Thanks Norm. I didn't want to put his flag in a cheap knock off.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

submarinesailor

Quote from: Norm on October 03, 2010, 09:11:23 AM
May they rest in peace.

If your stash gets low Piney just let me know. I've got plenty.

Piney,

Ditto what Norm said.

Bruce

Chris Burchfield

Sorry for your loss.  I just don't think anyone has topped John Wyane's "America, Why I Love Her."
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Thank You Sponsors!