iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks for the help y'all never knew you gave

Started by craazyhoss, October 11, 2018, 10:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craazyhoss

Hello joined the forum tonight to say thanks for the help you never knew you gave!!
I have ended up with a mill that i ran when it was brand new in 2005 a WoodMizer LT40Hd with the Cat Diesel only has 196 hours on it.
After cleaning, servicing and lubricating everything on it we fired it up and went to making sawdust 100 bf in lost the power feed. In looking for solutions i found this forum and my solution had to throw a control board at it. Back to throwing sawdust then 1200 bf in the original accuset fried so after talking to mike at woodmizer had to trade another fist FULL of cash to do the upgrade to Accuset2. Did the upgrade in hour and a half today and hey its making more sawdust!! 

All that to say that both breakdowns happened out of working hours at Woodmizer and while browsing these forums on this site before i managed to get them on the phone i had already done majority of testing and identification and also had a good idea of repair cost to get running again.
There is such a wealth of information here and everyone seems to truly want to help each other it reminds me of the way i was brought up in a small town country setting where people took care of each other without being asked. I remember delivering a many load of firewood to elderly people around us that had no idea until we were unloading and stacking just because my dad drove by and saw they didn't have enough and winter was coming on.

So thanks for being the good helpful kind of folks that we need more of in this world !!

Craazyhoss

Magicman

So now you are officially one of us.  Welcome.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

Welcome Craazyhoss! If you're much like your Dad, you'll fit right in around here👍
Too many irons in the fire

Brad_bb

Yeah, that's what I like about this forum.  I've run into many people in the real world who don't help others.  For example a guy I ran into a year ago who had built some oak furniture pieces that had a dark look that didn't look like a finish.  I asked him how he got the oak dark like that, that I was building some oak doors and I'd like to get that look, and he smugly said "I oxidized it".  How I asked.  What did you do?  He just look at me with a smug grin.  I asked again.  He was silent.  I asked, "Are you not going to tell me?"  He said "Nope!"  He acted like it was HIS proprietary process.  What a jerk.   I went on this forum and described it and someone mentioned Ammonia fuming.  I watched some youtube videos on it and voila!  That process has been around some 100+ years.  Some proprietary process!!!  Those on the forum help.  I'll say that at least the members who regularly post, help others.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SawyerTed

Welcome craazyhoss!  It IS an amazing online community here!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

wesdor

Welcome to the forum Crazyhoss. I think you have the members evaluated rather accurately. 

I spent nearly 2 years near Alexandria several years ago.  Still remember some great food down there. 

samandothers

78NHTFY

Welcome craazyhoss!  Check out the "well...." thread a week or so back here to see one of the more recent examples of how FF folks help each other out.  Look forward to some of your pics....All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

PAmizerman

Welcome craazyhoss

I feel ya on the setworks
I had to upgrade to the new accuset 2 last year when mine fried. It sure is a nice system.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Thank You Sponsors!