iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

032av wont start

Started by crd1957, January 07, 2010, 11:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crd1957

032av stihl ran fine last year.this year fires once or twice on full choke after several pulls. fires on half choke sometimes.i replaced leaking fuel lines and leaking pulse tube.cleaned and rebuilt tillotson hu51a carb. saw still has same problem.spark plug showws good spark. will make 130lbs compression with 4 to 5 pulls.   am i missing something
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

Kevin

Is the plug wet or dry, that will tell you if it's getting fuel.

crd1957

kevin plug is wet . it does the same thing with starting fluid. fires once or twice then nothing  .let it sit a while then it will fire once or twice. sometimes it fires before top dead center. or at least it seems to. im going to pull the flywheel maybe key is damaged. may have air leak in case i dont have any way to check case pressure.
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

Kevin

Do you think it might be flooding?

crd1957

it maybe flooding.saw has a hu51a tillotson carb.im not familiar with this tillotson.the needle is set correctly.it holds 7lbs pressure. it has aball check orfice in the main fuel discharge port. ball check must be pressed out to replace.i cant find a new ball check anyway.ball check spring may be broke . this might prevent idle ports from obtaining enough vacume  because  ball check is in intake side of carb.this would dump fuel and cause flooding. but if flywheel key is damaged this would also look like flooding.i have been told an hu51c will replace the hu51a.i cant find ahu51a. i hate to junk this saw but  a carb and freight is over 100.00

Kevin

Did you try here?

http://store.chainsawr.com/

Holding the trigger down with the brake on might get it started in a flooded condition.

crd1957

i have to stand on this saw  to pull starter rope. tried  tapeing trigger down. no luck. im leaning toward a timing problem. sometimes it fires before t.d.c. it will jerk my arm off when it does.if i decide to replace carb does anyone know where to get an hu51aor hu51c carb.ive tried stens and rotary,they have a lot of walbro and zama but no tillotson

Kevin

peppone

did you have a look at the muffler?
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

Al_Smith

Most likely the fuel shut off lever is set too hig ,flooding the thing or the metering diaphragm  spacer gasket is on the wrong side which will do the same thing . It can happen,trust me . ;)

crd1957

finally recieved my fly wheel puller. cleaned points was able to run saw for a while. probaly point and condencer need replaced.cant see anyway to set points. gonna try megafire or nova module

crd1957

installed mega fire module saw runs like new. it should . it has new fuel lines new pulse tube rebuilt carb new plug new bar new chain new sprocket. mabey time to sell it and buy new stihl

Al_Smith

Well if you went to all that trouble you might as well use it .

Thank You Sponsors!