iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Check this out

Started by sawguy21, November 19, 2004, 07:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

http://bercomac.com/photo-w/img-06a.jpg
I saw one of these at a trade show yesterday. It is one cool unit.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Keltic

I like it, I want it! What sorta price?Cheers, Fred

MULE_MAN

Hey !!! That's neat !!!  But I wish I knew what I was looking at ???  It looks
like something very small, Picking up a very large Log ???

I'd like to see a better picture of what it is .  Now that would be Handy

But the first thing that comes to my mind, Is how much ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

sawguy21

They had four twelve foot logs on it. The bunks are about 4' and widen to 6' over the tires. I would guess the weight capacity at 4000-5000 lbs. A 6 hp engine  runs the pump and the picker has a danglehead grapple. It is all aluminum, including the boom. I did not get a price but I can have it Monday. It is not highway legal but would be a heckuva piece for hauling firewood and fence posts out to the truck.

beenthere

I went to the site,

http://bercomac.com/usa/us-spring.html

and the price was near $10k.  An interesting feature was the movable bed with respect to the axles. Can hydraulically shift the axles up to 12" to 'balance' the load for better tongue weight.  The max boom lift was 800#
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

That would be a neet out-fit in older PCT thinnings (commercial thinning 20 + year old PCT treated stands). Be real nice in old spruce plantations or 30-40 yr old poplar, removing mature fir too. hmmm :) Do the axils have a drive train? I'de like to see it behind a Kabota 60 hp tractor. If a fella had that and a Farmi to make a switch depending on site, he'd have it made. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Don't see any provision for a drive train (only has a 6hp engine for its hydraulics) behind that ATV, but I'll bet one would wish he had brakes on it, for holding it back going downhill and for the time when the ATV runs out of traction or power going uphill.
That could turn out to be quite a wild ride.  ::) ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

Come to think about it, I did not see brakes. Must have a surge system to be towed behind a quad. Could be entertaining without it. There is no drive to the axles, it is a trailer.

duke401

must be a bad ass four wheeler
duke

sprucebunny

I've been lusting after one a them trailers for a couple of years. Don't really have enough to cut to justify it.
Bought a dual axle 3'X6' trailer rated at 3k pounds for $900.00. It has sides about a foot high and I have filled it with rocks and towed it up hill and down without any trouble. No idea what the rocks weigh. You know you got something with you and need low range to go up steep hills. My ATV has tracks which have alot more traction than wheels but also use some of the available power because of friction.
The grapple/trailer would be great if the logs would get themselves to the edge of the trail. ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!