iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New chain file with raker file built in

Started by husky2100, November 17, 2014, 08:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

husky2100

How good are the chain file guide that has the flat file built in. And also can you change the files or are they built in.

HuckFin

I have the Stihl 2in1 version, I like it better than the standard file guide. Yes you can replace the files with standard chain files. I paid $44.00 for mine, so a little on the pricey side, but worth it.

husky2100

Ok I know it would save me time on sharpening. But are they to bulky to carry in my wedge pouch cause that's were I carry my file but I can also stick it in my pocket

husky2100

I also run skip tooth chains can is still use it I seen some that say you cant

HuckFin

The 2in1 file guide does not work properly with skip chain because besides gauging off the cutter you are filing on, it also gauges at the same time on the next cutter too, which of course won't be there on a skip chain.  Can't speak of how easy to carry in the woods since I leave my files in the truck but my opinion would be, to bulky.

hacknchop

For yrs now I have been taking my rakers down with a small angle grinder takes less time, mind you i have ground all my inserts free hand.
Often wrong never indoubt

husky2100

Well I had picked one up today and it works fairly good with my skip tooth chains it's has the rakers were I like them and it seems to be doing good so far but only time will tell

Thank You Sponsors!