iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul's Turkey Hunt

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, April 01, 2018, 08:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well I don't Turkey hunt, never have and I will not say I ever want.
I just never had took time.
Paul left out Saturday morning rained 5 am with his hunting buddy and low and behold
the Young'n got him 2 BIG Jakes.

Frozen 1 breast and the other breast is now marinating for the Slow Cooker in the morning.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

We got them in this parts now too. Them critters are mighty clever. Good job there Paul.
 I don't know if I will have any hunters,family,here are not this year. With the dog on the loose they have to make plans or the dog will ruin thier's. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Congratulations !!!  Nice birds for sure.  Let us know how it turns out, I have never eaten any.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Well done. Just slightly less addictive than cocaine however. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well I marinated Paul's Turkey Breast in Teriyaki Marinade for 12 hours with onion, and apple slices.
Put it in the Slow Cooker with 3 cups of chicken broth and slow cooked the breast for 9 hours.
It fell completely off the bone. Never eaten anything so tender!
Julie fixed some sweet taters, broccoli with cheese, sweet corn from the freezer and toasted
Hawaiian rolls with butter. Lots of SWEET tea.
Dessert was homemade Lemon Cake and coffee.

We froze the other breast for later.

I'm done so you can stick me with a fork.  :)

fishpharmer

David, you're raising that boy right! Congratulations Paul!!  8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

starmac

He be ruint now, yep plum ruint.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Peter Drouin

Must have soft ones down there, up here I would have to cook it 4 days, and even at that, It will bounce off the walls for an hour.  :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

I am just smiling.  Paul is going to be OK as long as he doesn't grow two more hooves feet.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Was is good enough that it made your pastern feel better?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm thinking on putting my ankle in the slow cooker....it took the red out of that breast. :D

Thank You Sponsors!