iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Putting up a 12'x16' Sobon Shed.

Started by Dave Shepard, July 18, 2015, 09:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I've been cutting a 12'x16' on speculation this summer. I started this spring, but I don't have time to work on it much now. I got the last part of the first bent done this morning, so I put it up this evening. I'm going to raise the entire frame then take some photos and take it back down. Might have to mow my lawn for the publicity shots. :D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Daniel Morris

Nice work, Dave! I hope you'll keep the progress photos coming as you have time to work on it. That's going to be a handsome little frame. Do you already have all the timber to complete it?

BCsaw

Looks good Dave.

I was thinking of doing the same thing next year. The pricing on frames seems to vary somewhat. I did some research and settled on a selling price that gives me a decent return for my efforts. It can be hard to envision what potential customers might want in a frame. I figured something like this shed would be a good gamble.

Looking forward to your progress! :D
Inspiration is the ability to "feel" what thousands of others can't!
Homebuilt Band Sawmill, Kioti 2510 Loader Backhoe

brendonv

Thats great dave.

I was going to pop my cherry for the truck barn, but ive decided i might sell this house next year. Thinking a 9x12 wood shed would be nice for this winters firewood.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Thank You Sponsors!