iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old john deere yellow knuckleboom log loader

Started by johngrlc, November 05, 2019, 10:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johngrlc

hello,  only my second post in the ten years I've been a member. going to go look at a real old john deere log loader. I've had a few prentice and a real good hawk loader  over the years but I've never seen one like this one. from the pics I've seen it has a large chain  running over two hydraulic cylinders set up parallel to each other to turn the turntable and seat left and right. I am assuming it wont turn 360. any one have any experience with this dinosaur and any chance parts could be found. just planning on using it  around the mill and by the way its yellow in color. thanks

sawguy21

Can you post pictures?  It would be interesting to see.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moodnacreek

That must be a J.D. roto boom. You should be able to find manuals on
e bay.

Puffergas

I had an old rotoboom. Originally the boom would be on the cat and the trailer would be behind the cat.

Rather shord on length. Made for old time pulp, I think?
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

sawguy21

The tractor looks a little light on the steering.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

barbender

Iirc, someone had a John Deere loader on a smaller truck, maybe a 2 ton, on here a few years ago. I can't remember which member it was.
Too many irons in the fire

snowstorm

late 60's early 70's there were several of those little deere loaders around here. some mounted to a 350 dozer some on a trailer. only knew of 1 truck mount. they were rebranded deere. the ramey and tree king were chain swing. they were a bad idea then and still are

Puffergas

Quote from: sawguy21 on November 05, 2019, 09:09:16 PM
The tractor looks a little light on the steering.
Never remember it being light on the front end with the trailer however this was a rare moment that the tractor did not have the front end loader attached.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

johngrlc

Thanks for the replies, decided to pass on the old girl.

Cable

I need help please. I have a 648G111  stopped running . Got fuel while running rail. Will not start. Showing codes f910 f913.  Could it be emc?
Roger Greathouse, JR.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

ehp

We had lots of those JD loaders . They worked pretty good and real no problems with them . The pump JD sent with the loader was let's just say no very good . It heated the oil bad

Thank You Sponsors!