iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Industrial supplies

Started by Larry, December 20, 2010, 09:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

I'm fortunate to have a Fastenal and Grainger just down the road a bit.  I needed industrial epoxy for anchor bolts, rated for use in below 40 degree temperature.  Both places did not stock it but could get it in a few days.  For some reason I searched online and found a new supplier...www.drillspot.com

I got the epoxy shipped to my door 20% cheaper than what Grainger has it priced.  Now the kicker...the epoxy was stocked and shipped by Grainger in a Grainger box.

I don't think I understand business any more.  But anyhow it's a way to save money and no account required, so I thought I would pass it on. 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ely

i ran into the samething last week only with screws. i have been using alot of screws putting up board and bat on my house. i have been buying them for about 7 cents each at the hometown lumber yard. i thought maybe i could save by getting them in bulk.... wrong. they were 9 and 11cents each in bulk.

i went to yet another hometown store to find some screws because i had purchased all of them at the original store. could not find the same brand, made to put cement board to steel purlins. i did find some that is used to put sheetrock to purlins, so i try them. bought 2 pounds for 8 bucks. the others were 10 bucks per pound.

i only got two pounds because i was not for certain they would work. when i get home we put up about 6 more boards, everything good so far. i decide to go back and get more of em. its coming on the weekend and i dont want to run out.
i get back and weigh out 8 pounds of them, the guy tells me that will be 21 dollars, i ask him "are you sure "he says "yep". now i dont understand business.

rbarshaw

If they are the same sheetrock screws I use around here they don't stand up to moisture/weather very well.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

ely

i think i mispoke, these screws i found have a large round head and they are shiny. most likely for metal to metal. but so far they do not show any signs of turning.

rbarshaw

That sounds good, the ones I spoke of are flat head and are black.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Thank You Sponsors!