iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

useless Merle Haggard trivia

Started by hackberry jake, April 10, 2013, 10:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

I have been on a Merle Haggard kick here lately. I was listening to "sing me back home" when I pulled into the work parking lot and its been stuck in my head all day. The song is about a prisoner who requested his guitar playing buddy to play him a song for his last request. I wikipedia'd Merle and found out he was actually in prison and a friend of his escaped and shot a cop so when they caught him again he was put on death row. Might be a true story for poor ole Merle. Another piece of useless trivia was he was born in an old box car that was converted into a house... This is all from wiki so I can't verify it but still thought is was interesting.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Paul_H

I'm a Merle fan too.

smiley_guitarist smiley_singsongnote01..and leather boots are still in style for manly footwear smiley_singsongnote01
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

clww

Jake-TRUE! Both.

:rifle:"beads and Roman sandals won't be seen" smiley_guitarist
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Tree Feller

IIRC, the inmate's name was "Rabbit" and the story is indeed true. I've been a Merle Haggard fan since the first time I heard "Lonesome Fugitive" back in the late 60's.

I've basically had three major music influences/favorites in my lifetime...The Beatles, Merle Haggard and Eagles.

smiley_guitarist "Football's still the roughest thing on campus, by golly"
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

clww

smiley_guitarist smiley_singsongnote01 "And the kids there still respect the college dean" smiley_singsongnote01 smiley_guitarist
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Riggs

Hag fan here too, he puts on a heck of a good live show as well...
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

rooster 58

We don't smoke maryjane in Muskogee :)

Paul_H

That's some good singing boys,you all sound like Merle from here. ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

clww

Quote from: Paul_H on April 11, 2013, 04:35:14 PM
That's some good singing boys,you all sound like Merle from here. ;)
If next week is a repeat of the way this one has gone, I'll start looking like Merle, too.  :-[
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Hilltop366

Never been a big fan but I do see he is playing in town here (Yarmouth, Nova Scotia) on May 14th.

Tree Killer

Im a big Haggard too, ya gotta go on youtube & watch the old videos of concerts. All that outlaw $%*# gets out of hand sometimes....lol 8). Its some good background music while crusin around on the FF.

Thank You Sponsors!