Sponsors:

Don't ya just love the mud!

Started by lyle niemi, July 13, 2013, 02:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

It's been a wet one and it makes life miserable :snowball:

WoodenHead

Wow!  That is mud...

We've had more rain and higher humidity than normal, but I can be thankful I don't have that kind of mud!

drobertson

WOW, again, look looks like a good garden mix to me, man, you do have a mess, don't you just love it? ;D  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Herb Brooks

Think about the wheat you'll cut this fall.

nk14zp

Looks like a few loads of gravel are in order.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

thecfarm

Looks like you have a bottom. seems to be about 4-6 inches of mud. Lucky you don't have 2 feet of mud. That forklift would not like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

YUCK! :(
Time for several loads of gravel.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

bandmiller2

Slip sliding away,worst thing it gets on your logs and is tough on bits.Drainage and gravel is the only long term cure.Farm in the summer and mill after the freeze if you can do it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

lyle niemi

Quote from: bandmiller2 on July 15, 2013, 08:58:26 PM
Slip sliding away,worst thing it gets on your logs and is tough on bits.Drainage and gravel is the only long term cure.Farm in the summer and mill after the freeze if you can do it. Frank C.
I was supposed to get some material hauled in over a month ago but the trucking company has been real busy. I take great care in trying my best to keep the logs and lumber out of the dirt.
Im hoping to put up more roof in the near future?????

lyle niemi

I started to haul some material in today to take care of some of my mud problems. The material is tailings from cement trucks that they emty out at the end of the day. It makes a great base 8)

Ga Mtn Man

Looking good, Lyle.  That's quite a transformation. 

Now, how about some video of that mill in action? :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

lyle niemi

Quote from: Ga Mtn Man on July 17, 2013, 09:01:30 AM
Looking good, Lyle.  That's quite a transformation. 

Now, how about some video of that mill in action? :)
Isa aint sure how to post Video's, I'll try to figure it out one of these days

beenthere

Lyle
A video is not too difficult.
With a digital camera, take the video (try a short one first). Then download that to your computer.
Sign up on Youtube, and there will be an upload button there that will pop up a 'browse' button to find where your video is on your computer. Uploading will then happen, and you can select public or private playing of your video as well as a title.
Then just copy the URL of your Youtube video into your post here on the forum, and you should see it when you click on "Preview".
All about as easy, or easier, than putting a picture up, thanks to Youtube and to Jeff.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bandmiller2

Lyle I get tired just reading what you've done,what do you eat for breakfast mate. Frank C.

Martha White Nelson

Gumbo mud down here in Texas!!!!
Martha

mobile demensia

Would love some of that rain out here on the coast. Looks like we will be shut down in the next week if we don't get some moisture!
Timberjack 230D
Mobile Dimension 127
Woodcraft 30-20a
2 Stihl 660's
and growing

YellowHammer

I've got to agree
Quote from: bandmiller2 on July 20, 2013, 08:14:41 PM
Lyle I get tired just reading what you've done,what do you eat for breakfast mate. Frank C.

I really like your  "go big or go home" approach to getting things done  8)

YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

sandhills

Have to say lyle, right now any mud not made by irrigation I do just love.  Sure wish we could all spread this wet/dry thing between us, I think it'd all work out pretty even.

bandmiller2

I'll never see it, but mark my words someday the great lakes will be sending water to the south west. Frank C.

Traci

When I saw your pics, at first I thought I was looking at my place. The mud is terrible and the frozen tracks on our excavator and dozer every morning is even worse. I feel your pain.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault

sawguy21

That was over six years ago, he probably has the mud dealt with by now. I have plenty of experience with Alberta goo. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Flyingpig

It never ends. Lyle and I are only a couple hours from each other, this year was one of the worst I can remember, last year wasn't much better. Sawed mudsicles for four months this year.

Thank You Sponsors!