iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cuttin' firewood with Woodbowl.

Started by DanG, September 27, 2005, 09:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

As I noted in another thread, I been heppin' Woodbowl with a little sawing job in my neighborhood.  In spite of all the mechanical and weather difficulties, we got'er done late yesterday afternoon.

Ol' Murf hadta take one last swipe at us right at the end.

WB didn't want to start down I-10 right there at dark, towing the mill, so he brought her over to my house, and we had a play-day today.  We went out to the pasture and fished out a big ol' pecan branch with a nice crotch in the end.  We brung her up to the yard and plopped'r down on his LT-40.

After a bit of whittlin' and turnin' and flippin', he got her broke down to a cant and started hittin' the sweet stuff.

Woodbowl kept flippin' and sawin', and finally came to the last 3 boards.  It just kept gittin' more purtier and more purtier. ;D

I just throwed this last one in to prove that we was actually there. ;)

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

DanG

'Tis right nice, ain't it? ;D 8)

I was looking at the bookmatch on those 2 boards to the right.  Looks sorta like a half-crazy Jackalope! :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Teri

woodbowl

DanG, I thought you was gona' show the other pics of you cutting them boards up into firewood.   ::)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

Well, I woulda, but it ain't safe to be takin pitchers while yer runnin a chainsaw. ;) :D :D

SAW MILLER

How thick are them purrty boards and what will you make with them,other than firewood?  Looks like that would make a nice jewelery box.    Hey W.B.  I am getting a new LT40 and wondered if My toyoto tacoma  will pull it back from Indianapolis,whata ya think?It is supposed to wiegh 3200 lbs.
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

woodbowl

Saw Miller, my wore out 4cyl diesel Isuzu pick up has pulled my 25hp LT40 for 10 years. I'm a full time custom sawyer. I don't care to do 70 mph down the interstate, I probably putt along around 50 or 55. I've thought about getting a Toyota myself, especially since my wheels tend to fall of at any given moment. I knew another sawyer that pulled with a Toyota as well.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

Not quite sure what I'll be doing with it.  I'd sure like to incorporate it into our new house somehow.  We cut it all 4/4.  There's enough to make a whole bunch of jewery boxes, as there's over 30bf in just those 3 boards.  I'll hafta cogitate about it for a while.

leweee

Quote from: DanG on September 27, 2005, 11:08:33 PM
  I'll hafta cogitate about it for a while.

DanG

to heck with the cogitate, give it a sever pondering
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Murf

QuoteOl' Murf hadta take one last swipe at us right at the end.

That'll teach ya' not ta' call me time ta git der right in da beginnin' of da festivities..........

Heck, I'da ebben brought a cooler fulla cold lemonade .....  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

beenthere

Quote from: DanG on September 27, 2005, 09:27:29 PM

Ol' Murf hadta take one last swipe at us right at the end.

Ironic, that pullin' nails out of the board with that sign nailed to the tree showing in the background, almost like it has a smiley face on it.... :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rebocardo

What beautiful wood. It will make a cool something  8)

Larry

Beautiful boards DanG.  I would be thinking of kitchen cabinets for that new house.

Looks like WB got that mizer running good...that pecan and hickory is tough to cut.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

DanG

Leweee, I ain't sure I can muster up a respectable ponder.  I'm pretty much wide open at a moderate cogitate. ::) :D :D :D

Larry, Woodbowl takes good care of that ol' gal, and she takes care of him. He's a stickler for good sharp blades and changes them often.  It show's in his work, too.  I ain't seen a wavy board, yet!

leweee

DanG
I should have added a" Qualifier"in that statement. ;D
Giver a sever pondering between adult beverages....apply more beverages if the pondering is not sever enough....repeat if necessary. :D

and save the emptys for gas money for next years pig roast. ;D

Great looken Pecan BTW...insperation for a fine project for sure 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

eldorado

I see a few sweet talkin' turkey calls in that pecan.   8)  At least that's what I would do with it.

Ernie

What beautiful wood 8) 8)

Kinda reminds me of those Rorschac (how the heck do you spell it) tests that they gave me when they were trying to see if I was sane or not.  (I'm not) ;D

Those ink blots weren't in colour though, if they had been, I might of come out sane :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

jerry-m

Hey DanG,

Thoses boards would make a Great One OF a Kind front Door for that new House...

Think about It,   Jerry
Jerry

DanG

You know what they say about great minds, don't ya Jerry?  That thought had occurred to me.  I gotta put on one of them flimsey things from the box store first, though, to get through the inspection. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!