iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

overhead electric

Started by Steve_M, February 06, 2012, 11:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_M

I am moving into a new building an am looking for a better way to handle my overhead electric .  In the old building I used a trolly system riding on a cable directley over the mill to pull and push the power cord.  Looking for ideas and pictures on a pivot system that would keep the power cord out of the way.

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Norm

I don't have any help for you Steve but am going to be doing the same thing in a year or so. Hope someone can chime in here with suggestions.

beenthere

Steve
WM uses a pantograph on some of its systems. A form of that might work for you, if you have the room.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ironwood

Look at your local Pressure washing bay, Just like that pivoting rod, and the "pantagraph" version would have another junction. Also, the light at your dentist is a good example, two pivots. Next time they are drilling, think "sawmill electric" instead of OUCH  ::)

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Woodwalker

I rigged a festoon on mine. 
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

bandmiller2

Steve,depending how much overhead you have you can just hang a cord with some slack around the middle of travel.Where I have my bandmill set up theirs a high celing with just the cable hanging down. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!