iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic Valve/Circuit Question

Started by GF, September 23, 2009, 04:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

Do you know if its possible to split a single hydraulic pump into two individual hydraulic circuits?

Here is the scenerio.
   -One circuit will have a large ram requiring the full 25 or 30 GPM flow on a single valve.
   -The other circuit will need only 15 gallons per minute flow, and will have 5 spool valves operating smaller cylinders,
     and motors.

In the past I have built just single hydraulic circuits with a sectional spool valve with an open center.

I could do this one circuit but am trying to save on the cost of the spool valves so they all dont have to be high volume other than the one large ram.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

GF

Modat22

You can buy a flow divider which will split a hydraulic circuit into two seperate circuits. Just have to make sure your pump can supply both circuits if both are used at the same time.

You can also get a priority flow divider. You see these often on older tractors with hydraulic steering.
remember man that thy are dust.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Chuck White

I think you could use one pump and send the power to a unit with 2 spools!
I  believe it would be about the same principle as a tractor loader with a hydraulic bucket!

One of the levers will raise the whole loader assembly and the other will tilt (dump) the bucket!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Don_Papenburg

Yuo could also use a large opencenter valve first then connect a smaller valve body with the controlls that you need . If you have to small of a second valve body use the priority flow devider.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!