iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where are ya buying bits?

Started by karl, January 20, 2006, 07:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl

I recently opened up a new bag of 1/4" bits to retooth my edger saws and found the new teeth to be SHORTER THAN SOME I WAS REPLACING!!!! We're talking about 1/8" or more shorter. A call to the distributor resulted in the comment"They work just as well"...Well yea, but not for nearly as many grindings! She was good about it and even called me back to say that they had several boxes of "the old ones" but they had changed suppliers and could not get the biguns any more.

I'd like to know where to find the long laminated bits, call me a tightwad or whatever, but if I pay 3.25 a tooth for either bit, I'd prefer ones I can get 15-20 more sharpenings out of, Eh?

Do I rob a bank and buy all I can? or is there a manufacturer still making "whole" bits ? I don't have a clue who made either bit- assume that distributor wants to protect their business is why she couldn't tell me........

Thanks

karl
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Ron Wenrich

Why not drop Menominee Saw a line?  They're one of our sponsers and I'd bet they would give you the lowdown on bits.   :(
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

karl

"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Thank You Sponsors!