iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw shortage

Started by ohsoloco, October 06, 2004, 08:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

I was talking with a friend of mine that does tree work a few days ago, and he was telling me that his 066 finally kicked the bucket.  When he went to get another saw the dealer said that he couldn't get any big stihls or huskies b/c of all the storm cleanup down south, so he bought the last big jonsered he had.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this in his or her area  ???

sawguy21

I can just imagine the problem! That will be a big job. I have had calls for portable generators, they must be at a premium too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

PowerNewbie

I checked the two Lowes stores in my area online last week, and they both reported that there were out of stock on all the Husky models I tried. But I went to one of them later and they had a couple of 55's. They had a 350 on display but the area where the boxes were supposed to be was empty.

DanManofStihl

I went to my local husky dealer and they had a full line and so did my stihl delaer walmart also had an abundance of the poulans when i went in to get bar and chain oil its only $2.83 cents per gallon for poulan pro bar oil.
Two Things in life to be proud of a good wife and a good saw.

Rocky_J

Everybody's pretty much restocked down here in Orlando. I was in Lowe's last week and they had several pallets of leftover generators sitting in the isles. The emergergency has passed and everyone has power again, so the unsold generators will collect dust until they are returned to the manufacturer.

Dunno about chainsaws. I am well stocked on saws and supplies and haven't been in a saw shop in over a month. I assume they have had ample time to restock.

ScottAR

They'll likely take em back to the RDC (regional distrubtion center) and scatter em back out amongst the stores in the region.  One of our delivery trucks took a load to the Bartlett Tn. center between Charlie and Frances.  

We even got calls for gennies following Ivan and we're 30minutes from the MO border.  
Lowe's has a coordinating center for these kinds of things.  A store makes a call requesting emergency "stuff" and the wheels start going...  Kinda neat operation.  
Yes, I work at a Lowe's.   ::)
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!