iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met a troll last week

Started by ibseeker, May 25, 2010, 09:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibseeker

I happened to meet a very interesting fella this past week. He was a ride-a-long mechanic for a cargo carrier. We talked a little and I mentioned the UP when he said he was from Michigan...a troll. He strongly encouraged me to visit the UP and especially once he heard about the pig roast. He could of been working for the UP Tourist Council when talking about Michigan. This is a man who travels around the world regularly and has seen a few spots. I'd guess he's got a valid opinion then on comparisons.

Anyways, the UP sounds pretty unique and I hope to make it there sooner than later.
But I gotta ask...do they really talk like that?
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

chevytaHOE5674

Really talk like what?   ;D

zopi

Heck, I've never been there and I know a bunch o yoopers, 's gotta be an interesting place...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Jeff

If he was promoting the U.P., then he was definitely a troll.  Yoopers don't promote the U.P. They will tell you to avoid it at all costs.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Jeff on May 25, 2010, 10:15:51 PM
They will tell you to avoid it at all costs.

This man has it nailed. If we go around advertising da UP then all kinds of "foreigners" will soon arrive. 

DanG

I guess I'm gonna hafta go up there and visit.  Y'alls ain't gotta worry about me staying, I just want to document the charm of the place, so I can sell it to some of these people coming to Florida.  I feel really bad for them, as they've been duped into thinking this is some kind of paradise.  We got heat like you wouldn't believe, not to speak of mosquitos for 10 months out of the year...12 months in the South part..., snakes, alligators, sand gnats, regular gnats, yellow flies, dog flies, horse flies, deer flies, and ordinary house flies.  Fleas and ticks, too.  Did I mention the snakes?  Well, they don't hold a candle to the roaches!  Boy, do we ever have roaches...all kinds of roaches!  Now, we even got some that will fly into your ear and lay eggs! :o  We got a lot of water down here, but there's oil in it now.  What they didn't tell ya before is that there is also sharks, stingrays, and stinging jellyfish in it too.  On the upside, the oil in the water is expected to kill the Ecoli that we have been plagued with.  I understand that the kind people of New York are gonna send bottles of Hudson River water down here for us to drink, so we'll be ok.

Yessir, I'm sure gonna send everybody I can find to the YouPee so they can find out what a real paradise is like! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on May 25, 2010, 10:42:22 PM
Quote from: Jeff on May 25, 2010, 10:15:51 PM
They will tell you to avoid it at all costs.

This man has it nailed. If we go around advertising da UP then all kinds of "foreigners" will soon arrive.  

We have this problem in Alaska.  Too many people think it is something romantic, adventurous, and majestic.  So a bunch of people move here, find out it sucks but in the process, make it even more sucky for the rest of us.

So yeah, stay out of the UP and stay out of Alaska, too!  oh, and bah humbug!  

SwampDonkey

I'm staying right where I am. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

submarinesailor

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 26, 2010, 03:16:49 AM
I'm staying right where I am. :D :D

What!!!!

You don't want to be one of THOSE Canadian snow birds in Miami, running around in your speedo? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

Thank You Sponsors!