iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hammer setter

Started by bandmiller2, June 27, 2013, 07:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Back when I ran my shingle mill setting the teeth was always a problem.Tried lever setters but due to the spring in the teeth tough to do.Best way I found was a heavy piece of barstock with a slight bevel on the edge and a couple of rollpins to fit the gullets and locate the bevel behind the tooth tip.A small ballpien hammer and slight tap and the set was perfect.You must experiment with the bevel to get your desired set.Why wouldn't this system work with a bandmill blade.?? Theirs no more tendency to snap a tooth than if your bending it.Just be sure you do every third tooth. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chuck White

Seems like it would work, but it also seems like it would be very tedious and time consuming!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ladylake

Or just plain too slow.  My Dino takes about 2 minutes at most.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!