iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jeopardy

Started by Raider Bill, April 24, 2019, 12:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Anyone been watching this guy? Over a million $$$ in 13 days.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...-second-top-1m
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Chuck White

I've been watching it all while he's been on there, I knew he would go over the million last night, and as luck would have it, something came up and I needed to leave the house and I missed it!   ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

TimRB

Yes, the guy is phenomenal.  He's especially fun to watch because he isn't a jerk like some of the other big winners have been.  I expect he will quickly pass Ken Jennings.

Tim

thecfarm

Helps to be a grambling too.
It's kinda too bad to have a person like that winning. The average contestant don't stand a chance with him.
I feel pretty good when I get 2 right. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

He's a human encyclopedia/Wikipedia!
His game plan of starting at the bottom and his betting schemes are pretty different.
I feel bad for the other 2 contestants.
Guy like this sure burns through their prize money budget.
 It's kind of fitting that he's drawing all those eyeballs to the show in what could be Alex Trebek's last season, following his announcement of stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Good way for Trebek to go out, at the height of the show's popularity.

WV Sawmiller

I have watched him several times and he is very impressive. Yes, he starts at the bottom and moves quickly so they clear the board and don't run out to taime BS'ing and leave money on the table. He is a trivia genius IMHO. I always got annoyed when they were advised of a 1 minute warning and the contestant would pick the $200 question instead of the $1,000 one. Never made sense to me. I would not want to be playing against him. I predict he will be the new contest overall champion.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Speaking of Jeopardy, I've often wondered "what's with all the people milling around the contestants during Final Jeopardy"?

Anybody know?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Lucky to see him from the start. Hes making that show a mint, and what a great way for Alex to approch the close of his run as host.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Wenrich

Quote from: Chuck White on April 26, 2019, 07:44:21 PM
Speaking of Jeopardy, I've often wondered "what's with all the people milling around the contestants during Final Jeopardy"?

Anybody know?
I believe they're getting the set ready for Final Jeopardy.  They have to put up the screens so there isn't cheating.  They have to also use pens instead of clickers.  

Here's the real Jeopardy champ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=botdmsQilnU
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

scgargoyle

Can you imagine if you're finally selected to go on Jeopardy! and you have to go up against that guy? He sure is racking up cash in a hurry. It's fun to watch in a 'How much will he make tonight?' kinda way, but there isn't any competition.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Jeff

They shoukd have a tournament now featuring the people that had to face this guy.

WV Sawmiller

I caught the tail end tonight and he had some completion. Against any other competitor the new guy would have won but he squeaked through tonight. He's about $1.4Mill now isn't he?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

I had a feeling that he may have met his match!

I really thought for a while that he was going to be beat!

Cedarman

If it had been a really tough answer that might have let the lady win.  As it was, pretty easy to figure out.  That is how I figure he will get beat is when the answer is too hard and they miss the final answer.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WV Sawmiller

With right at $54,000 in winnings/score last night the number 2 guy would have beat any normal contestant. I don't guess there is a contest limit to what the guy can win.
Howard Green

Raider Bill

It's all about how he plays the daily double. yesterday he only got 1. Had the other guys got both in the second round it would have been all over.

petefrom bearswamp

Lots of fun!!
I was pulling fr Cliffy
We will be glued to the tv tonight
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Ill be rooting for the champion!

Jeff

Raider Bill

Ed_K

Won't take long to get to 2 mil.
Ed K

Chuck White

Most likely James should go over the 2Mil mark tonight!

Hard to believe one person knows so much about so many topics!

Chuck White

DanG…. DanG…..    Heavy rains came through in the last 3-4 minutes of the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much rain on the dish, lost signal!!

So What the heck was the outcome? ? ?

GAB

Quote from: Chuck White on May 23, 2019, 07:40:29 PM
DanG.... DanG.....    Heavy rains came through in the last 3-4 minutes of the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much rain on the dish, lost signal!!

So What the heck was the outcome? ? ?
James retained his position as champion, did not make it to 2M, however the other male contestant gave him a scare.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Chuck White

Thanks!  I could tell early on that the other guy had James a little concerned.

Five minutes left in the show and my satellite dish washed out!

Had the other guy caught the 2 daily doubles, I think it would have been over for James!

Overall, good show rather than just taking over!

I'll be watching again tonight!

Thank You Sponsors!