iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

centrifugal clutch

Started by bedway, December 15, 2006, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

Im searching for a clutch (V belt type) for my 16 horse briggs that im going to use for my mill. There are all kinds availible for smaller engines, but mine has a one inch crankshaft.,,,HELP! smile_juggle

Tom

http://www.blm-cm.com/

you may want to consider making a clutch with a belt and an idler pulley.

bedway

That was going to be my fall back plan tom. It would take considerable design and construction due to limited space around the saw head. What kind of clutches due most of the factory built saws run?

Tom

My LT40HD had a clutch made by raising the engine against the drive pulley on the bandwheel shaft, tightening the belt.

My Baker 3638 uses one of those BLM cenrifugal clutches.  It's a 1999 so they may have changed by now.

The design on the LT40 is a good one for a small engine and tight spaces.  It is simple enough to be a back-yard project.  It might not be as simple as an idle pulley but it seems to last a long time.  Idle pulleys probably need replacing more frequently.

Fla._Deadheader

I'm pretty sure there are pics of what Tom describes, in MY Gallery.  ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Trent

Mine is 12 volt electro-magnetic salvaged from a lawn tractor.
Can't fish, can't hunt, don't care about sports. Love to build, machine, fabricate.      Trent Williams

Chris Burchfield

Several Zero turn lawn mowers use an electromagnetic clutch. I did a good bit of research on building my own vs one designed by engineers with a lot more know how than I. I'd spent a little over half what I wanted as an end product, then I would have had to do the fabrication.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

bad_boards

bedway

I think im going to be able to go the idler pulley route for my clutch. The first thing i need to hunt down is a 4" dia. B pulley  for the engine. I looked at that surplus sight and didnt see any off hand. Any suggestions where to look?,,,thanks,,bedway

bad_boards

4 inch b belt with what bore? 1"  keyway?

bedway

Will those pulleys handle a BX belt? The drive pulley on my saw head is a 14"and its .875 wide. I do appreciate your help badboards!,,bedway

bad_boards

dunno, poke arround some on that site see if u can see what you need

Thank You Sponsors!