iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ud 14 ih power unit

Started by ronnie tucker, January 06, 2013, 08:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronnie tucker

this motor starts with gas then you switch over to diesel.we used it on a 0 frick mill. it pulled it fine.what would it be worth.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ronnie, I have no idea. In fact I did not know many of these were still around.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

captain_crunch

Try red power mag under construction equip just don't post it for sale have them e mail you on offers
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

dgdrls

"Your UD14 engine has 303 lbs torque
                     68.5 hp
                     461 cu.in.
                     4 cylinder"

Found on Red Power, 

what diameter blade are you turning and how many teeth?
appears the HP may be low but maybe the torque will win the day?
there are folks on here a with a ton more experience than I,
but this should get you started.

Maybe send Prof. Gene Wengert or Jeff a PM??
Also, call Frick and see what they spec for your Mill http://www.fricksawmills.com/

DGDrls

millstead

ronnie where are you from if you are close enough i would be interested in your power unit.

ronnie tucker

i live west of nashville tn 50 miles

tractormanNwv

Must be close to Clarksville?

captain_crunch

UD-14 Should be more than enough power seen 2 mills that were run with a UD-6s
My IH spec book rates TD-14A @76 hp at 1400 rpm 75.3 hp on belt where as the TD-6 40.5 hp at 1450 and 37.8 on belt
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

dblair

if the engine is in good shape you may get 1k to 1.5k depending on your luck to someone who needs a power source . post some pics of it .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

Dave Shepard

I like the old UD, TD, WD, and any other D IH equipment from that era. I've got a UD-9 genset, and a UD-14 power unit I'd like to fix up.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

loggah

Dave, The scrapyard where i work part time has a link belt 98 crane with a UD 525 engine in it ,just a bit bigger then a ud 16. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

clot1873

Does anyone know of any of these ud 14 ih power units for sell?

sealark37

Many sawmill dealers sold the UD series diesel power units as a package with their mills.  Most I have seen were on axles for portability.  The value of the unit depends upon the condition of the clutch, radiator, fuel injection pump, and running status.  If owned by a collector, the price can be anything.  For use or parts, the going price is $300-$600.  Regards, Clark

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, clot1873.  How about an intro thread and sharing your sawing interest with us?  Adding your location to your profile also helps.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tractormanNwv

Seen a IH Power unit listed yesterday, believe it was listed as 1090 cu inch 6 cyl. the 55 gallon drum (fuel tank) on the rear looked small, be nice just to hear it turning a big blade.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

loggah

The UD-24 engine has the same bore and stroke as my Wisconsin engine in my lombard ! ;D I'm looking for a TD 18 oil pan at the moment,the UD 14 has the same bore and stroke as the TD 18 but is a 4 cylinder,where the td 18 dozer engine is a 6 cylinder !!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Thank You Sponsors!