iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New England FF pot luck the Northern Project (May 19, 2018)

Started by Bruno of NH, November 19, 2017, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAB

Quote from: Crusarius on May 21, 2018, 08:02:00 AM
When I left home it said 6 hours took me almost 8 :) I put in start point and end point into my phone. Then threw the phone in the center console and only looked at it a couple times.

The journey is half the fun. I have seen some pretty amazing things doing that. Plus I rarely travel the same route twice.
You have to take into account that the estimated time is based on being able to maintain the speed limit the entire way.  The GPS or computer does not take into account farm tractors on the road, pit stops, Sunday drivers, ETC.
Glad you made it both ways.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Crusarius

it does however take into account the parking lot on I-90 on the way home. Was pretty accurate if I actually stuck to the route. But I like to make it up as I go. If I always followed the GPS I would never see anything.

coxy

if you use your GPS to get to my house you will see a lot it has me 3 miles deep in the woods on a skidder trail by an old blue stone quarry we do the ride every summer with the 4 wheelers i don't trust GPS i like an old fashion road map/atlas    

Oliver05262

Peter, I'd like to thank you again for hosting us on Saturday. My wife and I had a great time, and will do it again whenever the next time comes. I think she got more interested in the milling than she expected to, and had a good time. We took the scenic route on the way home. I owed her for letting me come, so we went to L.L.Bean in Concord on the way home; but then I drug her up to my aunt's old place in Warner to see how time has changed it (not really for the better). My aunt passed away in '66, and my mother sold the house to the neighbors that year.
  Thanks, again. Hope to see you again. 
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

PAmizerman

Thanks all. Got home around 10:00
Gonna go get my car tomorrow. I'll elaborate tomorrow. I'm heading to bed now.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Crusarius

Quote from: coxy on May 21, 2018, 08:51:06 PM
if you use your GPS to get to my house you will see a lot it has me 3 miles deep in the woods on a skidder trail by an old blue stone quarry we do the ride every summer with the 4 wheelers i don't trust GPS i like an old fashion road map/atlas    

Me to. thats why I just put in in as a reference and make the rest up as I go :)

PAmizerman

Well the appointment I had to have my windshield replaced got cancelled. So I had my car towed half way home.
My dad and I took the truck and trailer out and brought my car the rest of the way home. I'm home for good now and don't have any more road trips planned for this year. 

Now back to work. I got three more orders over the weekend. Things are starting to pick up.
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

PAmizerman

Peter,
Did you quarter saw the other half of that oak? How did it turn out?
Hydraulics everywhere
Case 95xt skidloader
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

petefrom bearswamp

Sounds like all is ok in paradise, glad for ya.Probably an adventure you will not soon forget.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

maple flats

I also had a GPS error a few years ago, in fact 2. On one I entered my destination and it took me to a dead end, it seems a bridge had washed out about 30 years earlier but the GPS sent me that way.
In another case, I have a sugarhouse and about 6 years ago I kept getting calls that people could not find me during an open house event. Turned out the Google maps put my sugarhouse 4 miles west , but on the same road, in a different village. I notified Google maps and over the next year I notified them about 8-10 more times, finally about 14 months later I got a call from Google and they corrected it.
I sure wish I could have attended, maybe next year!
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

GAB

Quote from: PAmizerman on May 22, 2018, 08:12:41 PM
Well the appointment I had to have my windshield replaced got cancelled. So I had my car towed half way home.
My dad and I took the truck and trailer out and brought my car the rest of the way home. I'm home for good now and don't have any more road trips planned for this year.

Now back to work. I got three more orders over the weekend. Things are starting to pick up.
What - you aren't going to be going to the PIG ROAST?
Well we'll miss ya.  Stay safe.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Crusarius

I forget who I was talking to about the exhaust mod I made on my predator, I think it was Bruno. Here are the pics. It was a 1.5" diameter pipe. it slid over the outlet on the muffler perfectly. I chose not to try to clamp it cause it was such a nice fit instead I added the support tab that should work perfectly. I did cut the excess off before the bend just to keep it closer to the muffler. Now the exhaust will not blow in my face, is not much taller than it was and is not a rain catch. I did put the flame arrestor back on it to keep critters out.

I thought I had some high temp black paint but unfortunately I did not so it is going to stay grey till I have a need to get some more high temp paint.

It is Summit part number
SUM-623001

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Crusarius

I forgot to mention the spark arrestor is the same diameter as the pipe. I just used a wide hose clamp to hold it on there. More than likely it is going to fall off but we will see for now.

Dave Shepard

I don't know if you can get one that small, but I got an exhaust pipe expander at the auto parts store for not much money. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

Bruno, on your way back from getting blades next time stop and pick up the legs I won at the party.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Today is the first time I looked at them. You can have them. Put one of the slabs you have on them and you can give it away at the next party. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!