iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Milestone

Started by dail_h, September 06, 2004, 05:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

Well, I've reached another important milestone in my uoscale :D :D :D milling operation. Used my new Norwood sharpener to sharpen my first blade today.I know in the great scheme ofthings it ain't no big deal,but with this attention -depression thing that I'm dealing with,any achievementis exciting.
   Sharpened two,second one went much better. I think that I like this sharpener better than the WM i used at the flooring plant. I know it isn't as heavy duty,or as professional,but it's a lot easier to set up ,and adjust. The down side is no water coolant
   Tried to saw a coupla times today,but the danged wind kept blowing the sawdust in my face so bad, I just give it up till I get my vacume back from the vets tommorow on the way home from work
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

DanG

Anything that helps a small milling operation make or save money is a big deal.
Now I'm not real sure what your vacuum system is doing at the Vet. Either you loaned it to him, or it is there for servicing. If it is the latter, that might make an interesting story. ::) :D :D :D
At any rate, if you're happy, I'm tickled to death. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kelvin

How much does this unit cost?  Is it auto?  Sharpen the whole tooth front, back and gullet?  Make sure to let us know how well the blades hold up after sharpening, and how well the sharpener holds up.   I'm trying to find a good one and there is a lot of talk about auto being the only way to go, as sharpening just the face leads to breakage?  Did you get a setter?  I know someone who doesn't ever set his blades, says the new hardened teeth just break off (lennonx, woodmizer and munksford?)  Any experience?  

Fla._Deadheader

So far I've not broken a tooth on a Munks blade while setting ??? ???  Maybe your info is from someone that is too aggressive with setting ???  It doesn't take much to keep the set tuned up just right.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Gilman

Kelvin, you friend might not have his setting die located in the correct area on the tooth. Just a thought.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

dail_h

After reading it,that post  Vacume went on the fritz,wouldn't start,all better now,I brought it home today.Will try to get it hooked back up tommorow,and saw some.
    The Norwood sharpener is like all of Norwood's stuff,manual,it does do both the face,and gullet,but you have to readjust it for each (ie I do the face first,readjust ,and do the gullets). Uses a Dremel for the grinde motor,and small stones. I'm not sure how the stones are going to hold up,but as small as they are,shouldn't be too expensive to replace.
   I also got yheir setter,have it together,but not set up yey,it looks just like everybody elses
   The one blade that I sharpened cut pretty good,but I only sawed one line with it
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Thank You Sponsors!