iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Special Day

Started by Deese, March 31, 2017, 11:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deese

Yesterday's adventure began at 3:30AM as I hit the road headed East. Four hours later, I find myself pulling down a long gravel driveway, passing a sign that read "Hamsley Hardwood". I immediately knew I was with "good folks" (old saying) as I shook hands with a Forestry Forum member we all know as WDH. We spent most of the day together. Not only did he stop his regular daily activities to spend time with me, he seemed pleased to do it. He knew that I wanted learn, and I could tell that he
genuinely cared.  There is a certain good feeling that you get when you're in the presence of good character. It is rare, and it is one of the things that makes this world a much better place. Mr Danny, thank you for everything.

"Life is about people, not rings. Rings collect dust."--Mark Richt

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Raider Bill

Danny's a GREAT guy!!!!!!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Roxie

Say when

newoodguy78

Judging by the picture it looks like a good time was had by both  8) 8) Nice

Deese

I reached out to touch the MM (Magic Man) black walnut slabs and WDH popped me with one of his stickers.
Rule#1---Don't get in between the man and his black walnut!!!

Cooks AE4P Edger

WDH

It was nice to spend the day talking about trees, sawmills, lumber, and other such stuff.  John is doing some strategic planning.  You could see wheels turning in his head. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

A good man is had to find. But when you find two the fun and learning begins.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Deese.....you are ruined! It'll set in about 6 weeks from now and you will know what I am talking about......just ruined!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm still on medication!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I hear that Goat Pills are hard to swallow.   smiley_sick

It's also good to hear that Danny is taking proper care of the Walnut stash.   fudd-smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Deese

It's already too late for me...I've passed the point of no return. Oh boy...
Cooks AE4P Edger

Deese

It was a fun time. He had a few of his oaks mis-identified but we got that straightened out. No big deal.
Just kidding....
Danny please don't ever cut that northern red. But that poplar had me salivating...

And that LT40...oh my.
One day in the near future I will look back and say, "and this is where it all started". I'm obsessed.
My sights are set. Stay tuned.
Cooks AE4P Edger

WDH

It is rare to see northern red oak this far South.  If I mess with that poplar, I am going to need a bigger chainsaw.  Actually, I might need a bigger "everything"  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

GAB

Mr. Deese:
Concerning your sentence: "There is a certain good feeling that you get when you're in the presence of good character."
I believe I understand what you are saying.  The first PR my wife and I attended we knew absolutely no one other than each other.
Within a few minutes we felt more comfortable than at some family reunions. 
Thanks for properly expressing the feeling, as I could not come up with the words to properly express it.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Den Socling

This has been a very nice thread!  :)

WDH

It is best when we help and share with each other. 

Deese

Let's cut some of that poplar. I'll come back and help. And I promise I won't even glance at any persimmon or BW  ;D
Cooks AE4P Edger

paul case

If youall was gonna do that ya need to get Lynn and Marty to come down and barrel smoke some chicken running gear and make a day of it.
I have some sweet memories of going to MM's chikn crispn and meeting a bunch of FF members and watching Meadows Miller put a lucas through a big Red Oak log.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Deese

I would love to host an annual FF cooking/get together whenever my goals are met and actually have a more established operation. That will be a little while though...Nothing much to look at right now.
Cooks AE4P Edger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Deese on April 01, 2017, 11:59:56 AM
I would love to host an annual FF cooking/get together whenever my goals are met.......

Well hurry up brother.....you're 33 and most of us are.....well......tick, toc, tick, toc..... :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Deese

Poston, you and I both know that 60 is the new 40 in today's times. And as technology continues to advance at this rate, heck, Piney's got 40 more years of sawing left in him.
Cooks AE4P Edger

Thank You Sponsors!