iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who is going to the 2006 Northeast Forest Products Equipment Expo in Essex VT

Started by wiam, January 23, 2006, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiam

Any one making plans for the Expo this year?  It is going to be alot closer for some of us this year.  It was a long way to Bangor last year.

Will

Captain

We'll be there....so bring your best work clothes and I'll give ya a TimberPro shirt ;D

Are we still planning a "home base" at Myrick's??

Captain

wiam

Captain,  I'm not sure about Myrick's.  I just know I'm driving this year.  He told me that since he drove last year it was my turn. :D :D  I just hope he does not have any stray coons at his place.

Will

Tom_in_Mo.

Good Morning Captain,
The package arrived yesterday, Thank You

Baker Products will be at Essex this year and hopefully I will be a few pounds lighter, HOPEFULLY  by then.  :'(   See ya all up there.

Vermonter

Door's open....
BTW; after the last time you drove I wasn't in any shape to.
26 miles from Essex Jct.  Make your reservations soon.
I have to go to a graduation on the 13th, but that shouldn't limit my fun.
New homestead

wiam

Vermonter

Don't laugh too hard, you're the only one I know with a trailer.   8) I am setting my brother up to go look at it.  If it has a carb, a cam, and a cam gear, it may be worth it.  It also might be a diesel.
New homestead

Engineer

wiam

Engineer do you want to go to the  expo or to get the bull dozer.     :D  The expo is the 12-13 of May

Andy if it is a diesel it probably does not have a carb. :D :D :D

Will

Engineer

wiam

Engineer, if you read between the lines, it is the trip not the bulldozer.  Many years ago Vermonter and I were going to move my bulldozer from my place to his.  It took us all day and the dozer was still at my house.  I was the DD.

Will

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

You got to go sprucebunny and anyone else too who is thinking about it.I went to 2 in Bangor,Me and I had a great time.I might go to the one in VT.I went to the web site,direction are kinda OK.Can someone do better?It's about a 3 hour drive for me.Now if there wasn't one coming to Bangor next year,I would go.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Engineer

Directions are easy - CVE is right in the middle of Essex Junction, off Pearl Street.  Take Route 2 all the way across NH and VT, just southeast of South Burlington you'll turn right onto Route 2A, 3.5 miles take left on Rt 15 (that's Pearl St) another 0.7 miles and you're there.

202 miles from you (+/-).

Vermonter

I think it's only about 46.5 miles, but when you stretch out that snake of a road you get 202. ;)
You might want to check out driving down 95 til you hit 101 across.  Looks out of the way, but sometimes saves time.
New homestead

Ed_K

Rita an I will be there, its our annual vacation. It was hard to find a place to stay, as the expo guys made reservations early.
Where's the place to have dinner at? Any dance places? don't want to drive back down to Barre.
Ed K

Captain

Ed, drive down back to Barre and have dinner with us at Del's one night.  Lorraine and I used to go there every Friday night. 

Burlington is a happening town.  I'll get you some good places to eat, Sweetwater's, Bove's, Sirloin Saloon, Tortilla Flat, or something on the way back like the Common Man or JP Morgan's, plenty of choices.  Vermont is a great place to call home...or visit.

Man, I gotta buy that retirement property and move back...

Captain

Vermonter

Craig's right on the Del's idea, and if the Farmer's Diner is opened back up it is my favorite back in Barre.  (pronounced Barry)  Bove's is top notch too.
I don't know where you've looked, but how about these:
There's a Best Western across the street from the Expo, in Essex Junction.
There's a Best Western in South Burlington (there is a shortcut to the expo)
There's a Hampton Inn in Colchester (there is a shortcut to the expo)
These all come to mind as places that I would recommend, there are others, ask away.

This is a busy time of year in Chittenden County, as there are a lot of college graduations around that time.  Usually St. Michael's college (next door) is the second weekend of May.  You could always wait til the last minute hoping someone has to cancel, but I think college kids these days might be different than some of my friends when I was there  :D

New homestead

Ed_K

We finally got a room at the Fairfield in Colchester. I'll have to meet ya'all at Craig's set up early Fri to talk about dinner. Any place's have Grit's  ;D.
Ed K

Snag

isawlogs

Just might try to make it , a lot closer then Bangor and was able to go there .
  Hey Craig ..  I have experience , keep me one of those shirts .  ;D ;) :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ANMAN

I am definitely going, for every day it's open, seeing that I live only an hour away!

I have been to the Bangor one a couple years ago and last year I went to the Shoot-out in Ohio.  The whole event is pretty fun.  I hope to see the locals like Built-rite, Timberwolf, and Timber Harvester from NY.   

So is there going to be the sawmill shoot-out at the Essex Expo?

wiam

Captain

ANMAN

Thank You Sponsors!