iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rotary Filing question with pics & pics of my hyd kicker

Started by UNCLEBUCK, September 18, 2006, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

Changed blades today , took off a 50 inch 50 tooth blade 7/8 gauge and put on my new Simonds 48 inch 36 tooth blade 6/7 gauge so I thought I would do a quick sharpening as I have only cut a dozen logs with the new blade last year .

This rotary filer did not fit on the 50 tooth blade but seems to do ok on this 36 tooth blade but still there is room for error . I plan on keeping this 36 tooth blade on forever now so can someone look and see if I have this filer on correct ?

It holds nice when I crank it but am wanting to speed things up as far as just slapping it on the blade like a saddle . I dont mind cranking it by hand at all but I see room for error and I dont want any error .  The new filing today looks very nice and square .

Any mods to this I can improve on ? Thanks , also a few picks of my hydraulic kicker which is a major time saver and back saver !

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Corley5

Looks right to me.  I haven't used my Andrus in a while though.  Never turn it backwards in contact with the teeth.  It'll ruin the file card immediately.  I speak from experience ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

UNCLEBUCK

Ok , that makes me feel good atleast its on right , sure feels right ,nice and solid , I turn it clockwise to the right , never tried counterclockwise yet but thought about it when my arm gets tired but I better forget that . Good advice  ;D   I go 10 light cranks on each tooth with very little pressure , that sound good ?

Don P

Geez, who would ever crank one backwards  :D
The light was dim, that's my story.

UNCLEBUCK

Now I have to take a second look tomorrow , maybe I been filing backwards all along  :D

Corley5

I had mine set for five or so.  I'd stop when it quit cutting at the depth I'd set.  I've got a new file around here somewhere.  Glad I ordered two when I got the thing and ordered two more after I ruined one ;D  Keep your eyes open for a used Jockey grinder.  They make life simpler ;) :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

UNCLEBUCK

Ok I will do that . A used jockey grinder here I come ! Thanks

Don P

DanG, another bid sniperĀ  :D.

I think a regular flat file is faster. I use it a few times and then put the andrus back on for a time or 2.

Thank You Sponsors!