iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

More Walnut Timber on the ground (Video)

Started by 123maxbars, December 24, 2017, 02:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Made a few more videos before the year ended showing my current work site. I am working on a friend's farm harvesting some nice Walnut Timber.
I am going to slab all of the logs into 9/4 slabs. That is without a doubt my best seller here in Northeast TN. Made a few videos showing the dropping of the trees and my typical work day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ns0ughFyCM&t=389s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFHd9hQ7tFU
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

WV Sawmiller

Enjoyed the video. Looked like a big old poison ivy vine on that first tree I watched you cut. You said you got 3- 9.5' logs off that tree. Why do you cut 9.5"? Do you have a use or market wanting that size? I normally don't cut mine over 8.5'

How long is your bar? I run a 24" on my 441 and yours looks like longer than that.

First I ever heard on the clothes comment was when working in Norway back in 2008 or so. We had a day care center next to our work site and I came by one day and saw a bunch of 2-3 y/o kids bundled up holding a knotted rope with an adult in front and back walking in spitting snow and icy rain. I commented to our secretary about them having the kids out in that weather and she said "This is Norway, if they don't get them out in it they will never get outside. There is no bad weather - just bad clothes." Sounds like same thing you had heard.

I'm anxious to see your new addition to the mill. I'm guessing a shingle/lap siding maker but nothing to base that on. Hurry up and get it posted so we all know. Hope you guys have a good safe Christmas and New Year. Be careful out there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

brianJ

Bad weather?    Heck no I have a reputation as being weather proof.    It is a handy thingfor an out door occupation.  Course as I get over the hill I gotta get a little smarter about the clothes I wear.

WDH

Good show.  Get that anchorseal on ;).  What is like to be in walnut heaven?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

nativewolf

nice to see some nice walnut, one stump was a bit high was there a reason?  Old trees close to pasture sometimes have a bit of wire lower in the stem. 

When you say you are cutting into slabs is that for tables or mantles?  What kind of price can you get there?  I am writing from Emory VA as we speak, visiting the folks so you are pretty close to here I guess. 

Anyway merry Christmas and thanks for the video.
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!