iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logs too hot to handle

Started by Sixacresand, August 03, 2012, 02:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Over the last two days, my wife and I loaded four +22" inch  diameter X 15' green pine logs by way of the parbulking method.  It was 95 when we finished this morning and over a 100 yesterday.   I must be tougher (or dumber) than I thought.  LOL Btw, that my wife's Kindle at the base of the log. br>

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Chuck White

Nice logs!

Parbuckling works very well, just take it easy 'cause the heat will get you!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

It's nice to have the wife to help. Nothing against my wife,but if she helping I have to watch out for her.  ;D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customsawyer

Now that you have them loaded you can bring them on down to me. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Sixacresand

Quote from: customsawyer on August 04, 2012, 03:32:38 AM
Now that you have them loaded you can bring them on down to me. ;D

Actually Jake, as hot as it is, the thought of dropping this trailer off at your place on the way to Florida did cross my mind.  LOL
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

drobertson

sixacresand, very nicely done brother!  what a job!  I have loaded many just like that, works great. I too would like to see those on my deck, I love to cut syp. have a great week.   David
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!