iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ez boardwalk 40

Started by millstead, August 05, 2012, 03:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millstead

hi, iwas wondering if anyone had an opinion on the ez boardwalk 40. im thinking of buying a portable bandmill and they look like a well built mill that is priced reasonably im not making a living with my mill i use it more as a hobby that i make a little extra money with. i currently have a circle mill and i would like something i can operate by myself. i would like to have a hydraulic mill but cant justify the expense. thanks for the responce

DDobbs

I went and looked at the EZ Boardwalk mills a week ago they are very well built.
EZ Boardwalk 40
Ez Boradwalk Jr.sold 11/7/2015
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

b dukes

I just went from a circle mill to a band mill myself for the same reasons. I was looking at the same mill also. I found a LT15 closer though. Good luck in your search.

millstead

i looked at a used lt15 low hours no trailer package for $3500 i thought about it . but i really like the ez boardwalk. i dont know anyone that has one and would like to hear some opinions

paul case

I had one and would still have it except I got to sawing so much that my body couldn't stand the strain of manually turning logs.
They are well built. Also they have a larger standard capacity than most comparabily priced mills. I was extra happy with my boardwalk mill. It was simple to operate and required very little maintenance. In a little more than 3 years I put about 500 hours on it and only replaced the wheel belts once and beside greasing, bands, and oil changes it gave no problems. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

millstead

they look like a well built machine for the money and like you said they have a large cutting capacity. i am thinking about th ez boardwalk 40 with the trailer package and lap siding attachment

nlrwrangler

I have a boardwalk Jr and love it.  Well built easy to use.  I have ran it hard for a couple of months and have had no issues except for my back.  It is rough turning large logs by hand.

chase

Thank You Sponsors!