iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building a Wood-mizer

Started by RMay, August 09, 2012, 09:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMay

Does any one no how long it takes Wood-Mizer to build a LT40HD35.9HPDslSuperRem mill from start to finish. I called yesterday to get serial no. for insurance and they had not started on it . The mill is going to be in Mt.Vernon MO. next Thursday. I was wondering how many mills the plant builds a day. I looked at the video on there website but it does not say.
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Jim_Rogers

I thought I heard once that they put out 8 mills a day, one every hour.

When I ordered my mill back in 94 they said it would be 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

Also, when I got my mill, I got two bills of sale. One was for the mill and one was for the trailer package.

You register the trailer and use that bill of sale and id number. The payload of the trailer is the sawmill.

In my state, I only had to pay sales tax on the trailer that I registered.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Chuck White

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on August 09, 2012, 09:50:57 AM
Also, when I got my mill, I got two bills of sale. One was for the mill and one was for the trailer package.

You register the trailer and use that bill of sale and id number. The payload of the trailer is the sawmill.

Jim Rogers

Keep in mind that all states don't require the mill to be registered!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Kansas

When I picked up our last mill 4 or 5 years ago, I pulled a trailer all the way to Indy thinking I would use it to haul it back. The one bought some years before, we had to buy the trailer part and send back the axles to get some money back. Apparently, they have changed. I get there, its on wheels. Come to find out, the wheels are standard now. (we run stationary mills). So we put the whole thing on my trailer. If I had only known, would have been much easier just to pull the mill on wheels back. I should have asked a few questions before I left for Indy.

If Woodmizer said it will be there, barring some sort of natural disaster, it will be there.

sgschwend

Same in WA, you pay sales tax for the trailer (8.7%). 

Having a business in WA requires the listing of all machinery and materials as business property for an annual property tax.  There is no personal income tax in WA for W2 wage earners but there is a B&O tax for businesses. Lastly we all know about collecting sales tax for our work.  When you add all that up there is the potential to pay three separate taxes for the business owner.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Tom L

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on August 09, 2012, 09:50:57 AM

Jim Rogers

it was the same way in NJ, thanks to woodmizer for thinking it thru so  I didn't have to pay the state a lot more money in taxes on the entire mill.

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

RMay

Retired two months ago and now sawing six days a week so I have retired one day a week. ::)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Thank You Sponsors!