iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Project for 2017

Started by bushmechanic, January 01, 2017, 09:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmaker

I am so jealous ;I wish i had the time to do this kind of a project.On the other hand,if it is true that you don't die  until your projects are done,I'm good until I'm 130 years old.

great project,keep the pictures coming!
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

bushmechanic

Ha ha woodmaker I don't really have the time either but it's on my bucket list to make a small forwarder!

sandersen

Looks fabulous B-Mechanic!!  Very exciting...I wish my TJ project was progressing as fast...right now it's  money holding me back.  Keep the pics coming on your progress...we're all watching.
"Make every step count."

Frozendozer

Thanks for the pics, very educational for me.  I am anticipating a similar project with my new, for me, machine.

bushmechanic

Well I guess I should brand this project for 2018 now lol. Got at it again this week for a while. Made up some drive shafts, fixed up a radiator, got a fan installed. Then I fabed up a custom water pipe for the lower connection. From there it was on to the fuel pedal modifications. Now I'm at the plate for the hydraulic pump... someone hacked the old one to bits :o I even got some time to machine out some new clutch and brake pedal pins, really just trying my lathe ::) All in all it's starting to look like something again!

coxy

looking good don't for get to run the lines for the heated cab  :D

Resonator

Nice work! Paint color reminds me of the old "Top Banana" yellow Mopar used on their muscle cars!
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

lopet

There is always next year.  :D
Do you have a loader for it yet ? And are you gonna run a bigger pump ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

bushmechanic

Nope no loader for it yet Lopet, been watching for something to pop up. I'm going to try the original pump setup as it has a flow diverter valve that is adjustable. I'll put a PTO cable to the dash for the control and switch it back and fourth as needed, this is not a production machine just something to make life easier to get my firewood as I'm not getting any younger :o Coxy I think I may need a cab first :D then it may be an option! The paint I'm using is Komat'su yellow from Napa and some spray bombs of school bus yellow. Well got to run I have to change a starter on a TJ 208 this morning for a friend.

sandersen

Outstanding project, Bushmechanic!  Great work.  Very exciting to bring that little skidder back to life.  Thanks for the pics too.
"Make every step count."

bushmechanic

Some tin work today and then some fresh paint for the old frankenforwarder!

lopet

Aren't you getting a little too fussy. :D  Kidding
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.

bushmechanic

Lopet it seems I might have a small bit of OCD but not when it comes to keeping my shop clean. :D My grandfather always said "any job worth doing is worth doing right" I kinda live by that one ;)

lopet

I admire people with a clean shop. :)

GRANITEstateMP

"Do it right, do it once" someone told me that once, good words to live by, I try...
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

teakwood

I like my shop clean! Maybe not clean clean but organized, i hate when i have to search for a tool. everything has it's place
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

thecfarm

I went and got my truck inspected at a garage. One guy was doing the inspection,it's a set fee.thank God. :) The other one was working on a car. He asks the guy doing the inspection on my truck,seen the breaker bar? So he goes off looking for it. Two guys are looking now. While the hour rate is clicking along on the other car.  ::)    It was found after a while.  :o  Not a place that I would want to have work done.
Nice thread and nice job you are doing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tantoy

1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

bushmechanic

Well thanks to this covid-19 I seem to have some unexpected time on my hands. Started back at the old forwarder project today. I guess there's no turning back now lol.

krusty

awesome! I am glad I am not the only person who likes a 3 year project  :snowball:

bushmechanic

Another bit of progress yesterday!

nativewolf

Komatsu better watch out, you'll be making more units than they are.
Liking Walnut

bushmechanic

Got back to C4 this afternoon, people figured out I'm home and now I got to rebuild a 353. While I'm waiting on parts it's back to fabricating! Test fit the rear axle...looking good lol!

bushmechanic

I guess this shunt has come to an end, too many other jobs coming in the door now.

Thank You Sponsors!