iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer LT-10 reports please.

Started by Dave Shepard, November 03, 2009, 08:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I know there are one or two LT-10 owners here. I know someone that is interested. I'd like to know how easy it is to set this mill up, and what is needed to set it up solidly. Also interested in the different power options. Thanks.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Meadows Miller

Gday Dave

Young Ty will most likely chime He has a 10hp lt10 and likes it  ;)  ;D but like all us blokes who get our own mill young were allways looking to get a bigger motor or hyds sooner rather than later  ;) :D :D ;D ;)  I personaly think they are a good looking little Mill myself  ;D and with solid setup i think that all comes down to the opperator Mate  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Lud

Small economical, manual mills are great for the hobby sawyer.  Not a moneymaker but you always have lumber, right?
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

MartyParsons

We need an owner to tell you more. Here is my opinion ( I sell these) There are two power options. 7.5 hp and the 10 hp. B/S gas engine recoil start. The engines start real easy. I like the 10 much better. The 7 hp is not enough hp the saw head will vibrate through the cut. The 10hp makes a huge difference. The saw head is lift assisted with gas shocks, which helps the saw head raise. The blade length is 144" and we usually sell the .042 thick blade. I also have used the .045 blade when sawing hard wood like WO and Hickory. Use the 4 degree or 9 degree. The saw head sits on bearings and there is cord to lube and clean the bearings. The track length of the mill is 11' but you can add as much track as needed. 6' 8" per section. There are cables on each side of the saw head to keep the saw head from shaking when the saw is pushed through the cut. These are needed more for the 7 hp than the 10 hp. The angle steel frame is mounted to a wooden frame that you provide. We make them out of two 2x4 and 2x6 pieces. There was a post with a picture of the wooden frame sometime ago. The saw blade will rise to 23.5" from the bed. The throat opening is 24" ( I am not positive on this measurement) The roller guides are fixed. Water lube is gravity. Blade tension is a cam system with a 2400 lb compression bushing that we use on the LT15 and the LT28 and it works well on all. Belted wheels with the drive side using the same belt for engine drive.
Clamp to hold the logs are a cam system and the log supports are adjustable height. 1" is the min. cutting height.
We keep one assembled here at the shop and they work well.
Hope this answers some of the questions.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!